SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im nick from somerset in the uk,
ive been riding bikes since i was about 11 (23 now) and have had an r6 for the last 4 years but the whole supermoto idea keeps tempting me i have booked a test ride on a wr450 for next sat to see how i get on with it my main worry is that the r6 has so much power and acceleration that the wr might not be enough to keep me entertained however from what ive been reading they are pretty fecking pokey :) part of my reason is i now have a 3 month old son and when im out on the r6 a flick of the wrist see's me above 100mph which is not a good idea, but a supermoto will obviously be much less than this but still keeping the nice road handling or possibly even better. anyway i talk to much so yeah hi :)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Welcome mate. When you take a test ride, remember these bikes will bore you on a straight road. When you put them in their element they really shine, tons of fun.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Have a friend (Motoman AZ on here) that came off a Daytona 675 onto a Ducati Hypermotard and he has never looked back. Says he is having more fun than he had on his sport bike and that doing it at slower speeds actually keeps him safer and out of trouble to boot!

Oldskool is correct though, long straight roads will bore you to death on these bikes and you will constantly seek the twisty stuff wherever you go. They are fun around town 'cause there's stuff to do, but big chunks of boring highway is not much fun.

I think you will be hooked after your test ride, but it's up to you to decide if you have enough curvy roads close by to keep you busy. :D

Welcome to SMJ!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts