SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,my names jake and i'm needing a few questions answered about Coverting an Exc 125 to Supermoto!

First question is can i just change the tyres instead of changing the wheels? and can you ride a Exc at night or are they only on a 'daytime' Mot?

Cheers,Jake:D

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
• First question is can i just change the tyres instead of changing the wheels?
Yes, it's called a Sportsman's set-up. You just buy smooth tires, like Avon Venoms, that fit your stock rims and switch them for your knobbies.

• ...and can you ride a Exc at night or are they only on a 'daytime' Mot?
Depends on your local DMV regulations and equipment requirements. Check with them to find out.

Good luck with your search and welcome to SMJ Jake!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
• First question is can i just change the tyres instead of changing the wheels?
Yes, it's called a Sportsman's set-up. You just buy smooth tires, like Avon Venoms, that fit your stock rims and switch them for your knobbies.

• ...and can you ride a Exc at night or are they only on a 'daytime' Mot?
Depends on your local DMV regulations and equipment requirements. Check with them to find out.

Good luck with your search and welcome to SMJ Jake!
Awsome! cheers for that,is it worth getting some SM rims do you think? And i've got a monkeybike at the moment so nearer the end of the year i am going to be on the hunt for a exc haha. Cheers for the helpful reply :bannana:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
It's totally worth getting the 17s! I started out with a Sportsman set-up at a local event just to see if I was going to like it and if it was worth investing the money to go all in. Had a blast, decided it was worth committing the dollars and I have never looked back since!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's totally worth getting the 17s! I started out with a Sportsman set-up at a local event just to see if I was going to like it and if it was worth investing the money to go all in. Had a blast, decided it was worth committing the dollars and I have never looked back since!!
Ok dokey sounds like a must have, On the exc's have they got a separate oil tank? and is there anything else i am going to need to buy to convert it, so far: wheels,45t back sprocket. Cheeeers! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts