SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY guys! Hating to admit it on a forum of experts but I'm a newbie to motos in general but, a while back really really got into the thought of riding so I started to do some research and supermotos seem to be my style! So I did some more research to find a good starter sumo but yet something that I would be able to grow into years down the road. From lots of reading and help from a friend who has been riding all his life & really enjoys sumos, I have come to the WR250x!!! It seems like an awsome bike to start my journey!!!:coffee::bannana:

So for my first newb question:anim_peep: I guess the thing I'm thinking is about my first purchase. Should it be used or new....There are pros and cons to each and that's what I'm trying to weigh I guess. It seems like you can save a lot of $$ if you catch a deal from someone trying to unload a bike they never ride or something, but those deals are random in timing since you never know when you'll find them. Another thing is I have most of my $$ in paying off bills so dont have a lot saved so maybe buying a new bike, that I can make payments on, will be best for me...:hmmm:

I guess I'm asking, is the price for a new bike worth the money? It seems like it is. They say you get what you pay for right. I mean I know you can save a lot, sometimes near half on a used bike so do sumos last long enough to justify the new price?

Ok sorry for clogging up the forums with newbness lol :anim_peep: I know this is a common sense thing but I thought other people's opinions and expertise couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey man... i just bought a used wr250x in ashville... only had 900 miles on it... coming from sports bikes. it is fun machine... and it is still peppy enough to get on the highway with i think.. maybe not long trips... but to go a couple of exits and all... i had a friend who was gonna sell me his., but i couldnt get to indi to get it. i can hook you guys up if you still are looking. it has 2k miles on it.. nice bike black... but anyways... find something used.. they are cheaper, and the bike doesnt need much maintenance from my understanding... valve check at 26k??? i mean really?? damn thats awesome to me..

best advice though is to bring someone with you when you buy it... i brought my gf... who is nit picky, and i told her to be very nit picky when we got there... other people tend to find things wrong when the buyer(you) over look it from excitment..

good luck and welcome

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Thanks for the input awdturbo, good advice on bringing someone along to shop with you. You got a wrx? 2008? Do you have it posted on ebay? I saw a a wrx on Ebay from Asheville when I was browsing one day. Thats too far for me to go, about across the state :hmmm: Oh or are you saying your friend has one, that's black? :headscrat

Anyway, thanks guys, keep the advice and tips coming :coffee:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhh ok that's coo. I hear a lot of good things about the wrx. Makes me wonder why their disscontinuing them :headscrat

·
Registered
20 Posts
i only have had it about 3 weeks... and about 500 miles on it... but the thing is bad ass.... going from that bike to my 600rr is a change in worlds..

·
Registered
500 Posts
i only have had it about 3 weeks... and about 500 miles on it... but the thing is bad ass.... going from that bike to my 600rr is a change in worlds..
+1 dont ride my 600rr now just the wrx. and the awd wrx too no cbr. You have same set up as me looks like. what awd turbo car you got?

·
Registered
20 Posts
hahahaha nice man.... i rock a 2002 wrx.... 190k on it... i was looking for a new sti wagon... but... decided not to pull the trigger on it...

p.s. do u have a service manual for the wr250x? i need one...

·
Registered
500 Posts
hahahaha nice man.... i rock a 2002 wrx.... 190k on it... i was looking for a new sti wagon... but... decided not to pull the trigger on it...

p.s. do u have a service manual for the wr250x? i need one...

sweet man i picked up a 2011 wrx hatch earlier this year. my cbr is an 03 rr and my wr250x is an 09. all of them are black. i have the manual for the wr. what info you need out of it? i can maybe scan the tourque specs for the basics later. let me know ill see if i can figure out my scanner when i get home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts