SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

Name is David from Cookeville, TN. 21 years old... been riding for 11 years. Current bikes are 2004 SV650S, 1999 XR80R, 1985 V65 Sabre, 2004 SDG 107. If anyone is on the svrider forum i have the same username over there.

I just got my hands on SDG 107 with some upgrades already on it (USD forks, 12 in. rear wheel, plastics, bars, hand guards, SuMo rubber, etc.) I didnt really plan on getting it but it was given to me as payment for some bike work I did for a friend.

Its in pretty bad shape though. the forks are hard as a rock and wont move, from what i can see that look fine but thats just at first glance. i have no idea what is holding them tight so prob a tear down of those is in my future. also the clutch is bad on the engine and the PO told me it was "out of time." From what I have read these engines arent worth much of anything so I have considered just bolting up a new one. What do you guys think? What would be a good one that wouldnt break the bank? I have been looking into some kart track events and such but dont plan on being in the front of the pack, just looking to have some fun with the bike. I am also going to be looking for some fresh street tires for it cause the current ones are worn low.

Any advice would be great.

(p.s. - what do you guys know about SEMRA? i have tried to find out all i can about them but not much luck, looks like fun though)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Semra is a decent club, theres also a club forming in Nashville Tn. A dude screen named RADDAD is running it I think? He posts on www.planetminis.com in the minitard forum......... You can also race with ohioysr in southern ohio, MIMRA is hosting a HUUUGE event at G&Jkartway in southern Ohio in May.........

You may also be close enough to race with the oklahomasuperbikers....

don't know anything about your bike...........

:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
dunlop tt92's are good tires

The Nashville club is at minimotard.org
Had a blast racing this year

You can get some decent deals on bigger engines
http://www.firepowerminis.com/catalog/item/6881015/7411445.htm

but you may want to look at where you are going to race and see what cc's they allow.
In Nashville we have it limited to 125cc's right now.

Most popular in our group seems to be a honda 50 motor with a trailbikes 88 kit with race head.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I had no idea that there was a group in Nashville, i will def be looking into that seeing how its so close to me. looks like im going to be looking for a 125 and under engine. :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Terry at www.firepowerminis.com is a Quality source for all things Chinese in CRF50 clone parts, he either has or can get you a proper 88-125cc motor for that series :arsenal

I say that because I have been to his place and he has built/rebuilt Chinese motors for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello all,

Name is David from Cookeville, TN. 21 years old... been riding for 11 years. Current bikes are 2004 SV650S, 1999 XR80R, 1985 V65 Sabre, 2004 SDG 107. If anyone is on the svrider forum i have the same username over there.

I just got my hands on SDG 107 with some upgrades already on it (USD forks, 12 in. rear wheel, plastics, bars, hand guards, SuMo rubber, etc.) I didnt really plan on getting it but it was given to me as payment for some bike work I did for a friend.

Its in pretty bad shape though. the forks are hard as a rock and wont move, from what i can see that look fine but thats just at first glance. i have no idea what is holding them tight so prob a tear down of those is in my future. also the clutch is bad on the engine and the PO told me it was "out of time." From what I have read these engines arent worth much of anything so I have considered just bolting up a new one. What do you guys think? What would be a good one that wouldnt break the bank? I have been looking into some kart track events and such but dont plan on being in the front of the pack, just looking to have some fun with the bike. I am also going to be looking for some fresh street tires for it cause the current ones are worn low.

Any advice would be great.

(p.s. - what do you guys know about SEMRA? i have tried to find out all i can about them but not much luck, looks like fun though)
Still in the Cookeville area, would like to find some good riding buddy's in the area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts