SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these While looking around. Its what KTM uses on their 690smc's. Its a Big Elastic band that goes around the spokes and covers them up, Then a valve stem goes through that and through the rim. (As far as I can tell). Price?? They're about $20 a piece! The only place I found that has the front listed is KTM-parts.com but I cant get it to show up on the cart. Its a new part so it might take some time. I emailed KTM-parts.com about it..

Has anyone used these? or been able to look at them up close? I think Im going to order up a rear band to try on the wheel Im buildin..

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
If this works, please let us know. Looks like you'd need parts #14 and #15 both wouldn't you? Also, do you have the part number for the front?

·
Registered
763 Posts
i have seen these in dirtbike rims. cycle gear sells some for a 18 rear and 21 front. im sure you can get a smaller size.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#15 is just a regular piece of rim tape. so you could buy that or use a few layers of duct tape. The parts list has the rim strip on the rear but not the front. The tubeless strip just goes directly on the rim in that diagram.

Looks like they include the valve stem when you buy the tubeless "gasket"

P.N. for front is 75009177044

P.N. for rear is 75010177044

·
Registered
202 Posts
i'm interested, but why does the rim specifically say "TUBELESS"??

as someone new to bikes, what's the issue with tubes (the cons)? aside from being an extra part, i like the idea of getting a flat and changing the tube rather than the tire, assuming the flat is just a small hole.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Says that becuase it is. They're proud to advertise that its tubeless.

You can take care of a puncture quicker and easier than a tube. Tubeless also loses the weight of the tube.. But this new tubeless band will probably add a little bit of weight back to the wheel. Hopefully it wont weigh as much as the tube.. Not much if I had to guess

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For some reason, KTM supposedly isnt offering the front tubeless gasket for sale any more!! WTF!! its from a 2010 bike! Does anyone know of a good KTM authorized STREET bike dealer? Going to try to find someone with answers and hopefully a front.

Im going to order a Rear tonight (dunno how long it'll be available) and try it out for my current rear rim build... Maybe I can make a rear gasket work on the front. Ill post up when I get it!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
nice bit of research youve done here J.R, and maybe they wont let you but them as joe public but only sell them to dealers? i mean to stop people from using them on other manufacturers bikes.. sounds a bit dumb but you know how strange they can be

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
For some reason, KTM supposedly isnt offering the front tubeless gasket for sale any more!! WTF!! its from a 2010 bike! Does anyone know of a good KTM authorized STREET bike dealer? Going to try to find someone with answers and hopefully a front.

Im going to order a Rear tonight (dunno how long it'll be available) and try it out for my current rear rim build... Maybe I can make a rear gasket work on the front. Ill post up when I get it!
Not for sale anymore, hum? 2010 bike, bet it didn't work so they went back to the old tube. My .02

·
Registered
124 Posts
husaberg has a similar setup i think, saxess rims, i think saxess is behr.
you can by the complete front wheel, i bet the rim is designed with some kind of channel or something for "14" the rubber thing to seat in.

If you can't get from a ktm dealer try contacting factory pro racing, I just seen there web site and they sell behr/ saxess stuff.
http://www.factoryproracing.com/Supermoto_Wheels.html

1* FR. WHEEL CPL.3,5X17 TUBELESS
7500910104430 1 C$815.99

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
KTM-Parts.com sells Husaberg parts too. Look under the 2010 FS570 fiche. They might have the front ones available. But, are you sure the nipples are the same? I looked the other day, and they had some odd name in the product description.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
They dont make anything for supermoto wheels..

husaberg has a similar setup i think, saxess rims, i think saxess is behr.
you can by the complete front wheel, i bet the rim is designed with some kind of channel or something for "14" the rubber thing to seat in.

If you can't get from a ktm dealer try contacting factory pro racing, I just seen there web site and they sell behr/ saxess stuff.
http://www.factoryproracing.com/Supermoto_Wheels.html

1* FR. WHEEL CPL.3,5X17 TUBELESS
7500910104430 1 C$815.99
Dont want or need a whole wheel. Building a husky wheel and want to add this to it. the rim doesnt look like anything special. The rims are normal rims. I looked at a picture of one and it does not look anything different. Just the same old drop center. No luck from Factory pro..

KTM-Parts.com sells Husaberg parts too. Look under the 2010 FS570 fiche. They might have the front ones available. But, are you sure the nipples are the same? I looked the other day, and they had some odd name in the product description.
Just tried it. Same part number, same results. If you paste the P.N. into the box on the "OEM part finder" page then press add to cart, It refreshes with a blank box and nothing in your part number.

If I cant find a front, I might try getting a rear and cutting it down or somethin. Dunno how well that'll work since it has a lip on either edge...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just tried it. Same part number, same results. If you paste the P.N. into the box on the "OEM part finder" page then press add to cart, It refreshes with a blank box and nothing in your part number.
Cause they want you to spend 800$ for one wheel:clap:

or it might be a safety/liability issue with incompatible rims:hmmm:

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I still dont see what kind of differences are. They look like regular rims. I ordered a rear tubeless band since its available still. After the junkie discount it was $25 shipped from KTM-parts.com :D We'll see if I wasted money when I get it

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I'm personal friends with the guys at ktm-parts.com. The shop is 10 minutes from here. I'm there *all* the time (going tomorrow). I'll ask around and see what they have to say about it.

In my singletrack bikes, I run Tireballs. They are funky, but work great. Lets you run CRAZY low pressure, which is ideal for low speed singletrack. It will NOT work for SM, though, due to the speeds.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got an update from KTM-parts.com! The front part will be available soon, it just hasnt made its way into the available parts list yet for north america. They reuested that is be made available sooner though. The only down side with that is He expected the to be on backorder with no ETA or be a special order from KTM Austria. But we'll stillbe able to get it!
Slickwv, If you helped push this along, Thank you!! :D

My rear tubeless "gasket" should be here this week and Ill give it a try and report up:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good news! strange they are not available together....
I think it would be strange if they were available together since these are replacement parts for the 690smc, and not a tubeless kit for any bike..

1 - 20 of 70 Posts