SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm from Toronto, nice site. Looking to get into supermoto.

I wanna learn how to back it in...and more

I've narrowed down my choices tO the wr250x and the sxv450

The two bikes I'm looking at are the same price, the wr has a full pipe, the ape is stock.

I need it to do some street duty, a little offeoading, maybe a little stunting, and will be doing up some track days next year to improve my skill. I'm afraid the wr might be gutless but the sxv too much of an animal (not interested in Suzuki)

My background: a half year on the street with a 250, a full year on a 600 at the track as a fast intermediate rider. I'm small, 5'6, 130lbs, mildly athletic

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wanna learn how to back it in...and more

I've narrowed down my choices tO the wr250x and the sxv450

The two bikes I'm looking at are the same price, the wr has a full pipe, the ape is stock.

I need it to do some street duty, a little offeoading, maybe a little stunting, and will be doing up some track days next year to improve my skill. I'm afraid the wr might be gutless but the sxv too much of an animal (not interested in Suzuki)

My background: a half year on the street with a 250, a full year on a 600 at the track as a fast intermediate rider. I'm small, 5'6, 130lbs, mildly athletic
You do know that you picked 2 bikes that are nowhere near in the same catogory other than they have 2 wheels:lol:

WR250x FI street duty capable sumo
SXV4.5-full blown race bike that need alot of attention when it comes to its intense maintenance schedule.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i guess the bottom line is, will i learn things like clutch control (backing it in) easier on the wr?

I NEED it for commuting, but in no way does this mean i will be doing touring duty...just 5 mile zip around town maybe every other day or so.

Im okay with wrenching and understand the the aprilia is maintenance intensive...

·
Registered
976 Posts
See my reply to the thread you posted in Chat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts