SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm about to buy a 2010 Husqvarna 450 SMR. I've been looking at the bike for about a month now but I'm sure I could get to know it better and hear about your personal experience and stuff. Does anybody on here on the bike? How do you like it? I'm going to be riding it only on the street around town and a little bit of freeway how does it do on the freeway cruz about 70 or higher with the 6th gear? Pros and cons... The one I'm looking at he's asking $6000 milage under 500 it and has never been dropped. Also has a power up kit from Husky and some other miscellaneous things. Is this a good deal?
Oh I also living California and the bike would be coming from the East Coast. Does anybody happen to know if it is a 50 state or 49 state bike?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Get the VIN number and double check with the DMV that you can bring it in from out of state and plate it. There is a law (go figure) in CA about it needing something like 7000 miles on it to be able to keep the plate. I am not sure on the details. But I would look into it before I bought a bike from out of state. If that Husky can be plated in CA normally you may not have any problems unless its something like a 49 state bike.

·
Registered
340 Posts
service history

So I'm about to buy a 2010 Husqvarna 450 SMR. I've been looking at the bike for about a month now but I'm sure I could get to know it better and hear about your personal experience and stuff. Does anybody on here on the bike? How do you like it? I'm going to be riding it only on the street around town and a little bit of freeway how does it do on the freeway cruz about 70 or higher with the 6th gear? Pros and cons... The one I'm looking at he's asking $6000 milage under 500 it and has never been dropped. Also has a power up kit from Husky and some other miscellaneous things. Is this a good deal?
Oh I also living California and the bike would be coming from the East Coast. Does anybody happen to know if it is a 50 state or 49 state bike?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Make sure the previous owner had valves checked/adjusted. Other than that, prepare yourself for some LOLing in your effin helmet. If you're coming off a sportbike or cruiser, you must understand this bike will be screaming at 90 MPH so you dont want to go down the freeway running near top end forever. Finally, supermoto seats are like bricks covered with a sticky napkin. You may find youself sitting side saddle after 2 or 3 hours of riding.
In comparison, I've ridden the 510 and 511 and owned a 610. The 610 was a little big and a little heavier but its just not a race-like beast like the 510.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So I found a 2009 husqvarna 610sm practically brand new, it has 214 miles and is spotless! At 55 it seams like a reasonable price and it's a lot closer. I think this bike may do better for the freaquant riding that I will do. What are your option on this bike? Pros cons?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Great bike, not really intended for highway use.
You can get a 50 state street legal Husky 630SM for about 6k brand new that will handle the longer 70 mph freeway runs much better. With the 450 be prepared to do a lot of oil chnages, valve adjustemts, drive chain, sprockets and rear tires will wear out fast as well. I rode a KTM 525 SMR for a few years and it was a blast but required daily, weekly and monthly service.
As others mentioned husky 450 is a supermoto race bike with race service intervals.
Loads up fun just be aware of what you signing up for. Full synthetic oil is expensive and tires are 300 to 400 per set, budget a few grand a year for service if you ride frequently.
Good luck! Welcome aboard.

Ps buy yourself a good fitting helmet and some riding gear.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sumos generally suck on the highway.

The smaller 450 and 510 Huskies are essentially plated racebikes and will require more maintenance. Not really commuter bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts