SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! On the 31st of May I purchased a 2007 BMW G650 Xmoto, so far I have just shy of 700 miles on it. What a blast to ride. The daily commute will never be the same! I am not new to motorcycles, I have over 22 years of riding experience, however, now I need to learn how to wheelie and stoppie. Not to mention the other crazy things a bike like this draws out of me. Great fun! :thumbup:

If any of you are either in the Virginia Beach, VA area on vacation or because you live here, look me up! I would love to have someone to ride with!

Take care!

·
Registered
35 Posts
woot!!! i'm in hell beach. lets ride.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
welcome dude wheres pics of the ride!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm seriously looking at getting one of these!! Have you ridden anything to compare it too?
Is your stock?
Prior to purchase, I had not riden anything other than the X. As none of the other dealers aside from Ducati allow test rides. So, since my purchase I have riden the Duck Hyper Motard, which was a blast, and sounded great, but, it was over 10K more expensive.

As for being stock, so far, basically. I have added handguards and removed the carbon canister which is normally affixed just behind the right leg. I am looking at the Leo Vince slip on and BMW's engine guard.

I am very happy with it. It may not be as powerful as some of the exotics, but, the price was right and I like my local dealer. It is a big deal getting to ride something before I buy it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
nice lookin ride man :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Pipe and guard sounds like the right stuff to start with! I think I'll be getting a new front guard the moment I leave BMW! They look better each time I look at them!
Does the undertail stuff come off easy?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pipe and guard sounds like the right stuff to start with! I think I'll be getting a new front guard the moment I leave BMW! They look better each time I look at them!
Does the undertail stuff come off easy?

You know, I have yet to pull it off. I nearly did last weekend, perhaps I will give it a tug and get back to you! :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts