SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya, i dont really join forums, but i am really stoked about getting a supermoto bike, so i decided to join, and maybe get some insight from the "pros" of SM.
my sport is superbike, i ride a zx-10R, and now want something a little more comfortable for commuting. been to the track, dont have my racing license yet, also maybe someone can tell me how expensive SM racing is? is it cheaper than superbike racing?
and 3rd, i am about to buy the '06 DR-Z400SM. anyone think it is a bad idea? if so, what would yuo recomend, that i can race once in a while, and commute on without having to work on it every weekend. i was gonna get the XRS450 aprilia, but then realized i'd be stuck in my garage every weekend (not that that is a bad thing:thumbup:) but id rather perform LESS maintainence.

anyway, let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I owned a zx10r also....i have an aprilia rsv1000r now and i would highly recommend you get something a bit more sporty than a drz if you like your kawi....drz is the low end of sm.

You mentioned an aprilia SM....did you mean sxv450? the 2008 model is much more reliable than the 07 but it is a full blown race bike for track or twisties only. i would not ride that thing on a freeway ever.

if you want something in between i would recommend a husky SM610 or KTM690SMC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts