SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever shipped before (namely like less than 1000km) and do they know how much shipping would cost? There would be a bike(320 lbs), extra parts (so extra small boxes) and pick up would be roughly 750 km away, all inside of the United States. Any guru give me a super rough estimate with these provided numbers? Thanks! If anymore info is needed just ask. :D

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha, oh man already off to a bad start, thanks for the info though. :p

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
No worries, it's just that most members come here to only to check out new members occasionally and/or see if any new members might be from their area. We are happy to have you, but since we have just met you we'd like to learn a little bit about you before we start hitting questions hot and heavy and that is what this section is for.

Most won't be real excited (or bother) about getting involved in a discussion concerning shipping here. With time (and a little looking around) you'll learn the appropriate spots for your questions, concerns and comments. For sure, have fun while you're looking around! :thumbup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm not new to riding, been riding for 3 years constantly, have a KLR 250 I'm borrowing from my step dad, and have out almost 40 000 K on it.

After seeing a picture of motarders, I knew I had to have one. Have test ridden lots of bikes, Fireblades, and F800's, GS1200, but have so much more fun even on my KLR, so much more flickable.. All I need is just a more performance heavy bike just like it, and then I'll be set for life!! :O

Going to try and get a DRZ imported here to Ontario because all the DRZ's up here are super expensive, and the deals in the states are just nonresistable (hahaha makin words up here). Hence I was wondering about shipping costs and stuff.:bannana:

·
Registered
793 Posts
If you are looking to import a bike from the states check out the sticky that is in the canada forum on ADVrider.com its got all the info.
Or feel free to send me a PM with and questions, I just imported a BMW this spring so know all the ropes.
Instead of shipping you should look into catching a flight to the bike and riding home if you are both near major airports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts