SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Very happy with the bike. showroom clean. Only mod done is the throttle stop. Will do pipes, hoping to find a nice used set. Jetting will be next. Cant believe how well it handles. I expected the ride to be harsh but its not at all.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sweet ride! :thumbup: Welcome. Pipes are looking blue, might want to richen your jetting. Lots of great info here on the SMC's. Look at the stickies under the KTM forum.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats! You should love those Avon Distanzias. I just put on a set and really like them, especially in the rain. My last tires were Pirelli Scorpion Syncs and I think I like the Avons even more.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sweet man! Sick bike.

I swapped the stock 38T sprocket for a 42T on my 04 SMC and it's geared about perfect now.
Bought a 520 chain and shortened it to two links longer than the stock chain.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
MY NEW TO ME 625.. DIGGING IT. 1,700 MILES

Sweet man! Sick bike.

I swapped the stock 38T sprocket for a 42T on my 04 SMC and it's geared about perfect now.
Bought a 520 chain and shortened it to two links longer than the stock chain.
Sweet SMC :thumbup: and +2 on the 42t rear

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going to check into the gearing some say do front some say do rear? Any suggestions on exhaust. Like akro but don't want to pay that much. Looks like you would gain more power by putting on a different header rather than slip on.

·
Registered
446 Posts
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?115753-04-KTM-625-smc-exhaust

Recent thread for the 2004 SMC single side exhaust.
I'm assuming the same suppliers carry the 05 up dual pipe setup.
Lot's of good info in the Manufacturers forum on here. There's also an LC4section on AVD rider under Thumpers with a ton of write ups for LC4 bikes.
Just used Creepers write up to reseal my rocker cover this weekend. Good stuff!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I run 16t/42t and that's about the best i've tried ,imo change BOTH f/r and chain you can get'em for around $120 for the combo chain & f/r sprokets ,but you could drop a 15t on the front since you only have 1700k for $20..The exhaust i have a Remus dual ti system and like it alot and there about $500 cheaper than a Akro sys. Either sys. will be a TON lighter than the stock sys...there some heavy biotch's http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Checked Remus sight and didn't see anything for the 625. I have seen a few different brands but thier websites don't seem to list anything for the 625. Maybe I will call. Thanks again guys

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found a good trick for the gearing on my SMC is to run a 42 rear and swap between 15 front or 17 front depending on my plans for the day. The 17 is great on high way but the 15 makes it a true hooligan bike. The cool thing about the rear axle on a KTM is that it can be turned around to make up a 2 tooth difference. When I run the 17 the adjusters rest on the thin side of the axle block and when I run the 15 it rests against the thick side therefore no need to re-adjust chain or losen sliders to swap out front sprocket.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any know of a easy dirt setup for the bike? Was really hoping to do a little offloading with it also. Would he a shame though the bike is so clean.

·
Registered
255 Posts
1700 miles, that is so crazy. it amazes me, almost every sale i see of a 625/690, there are never any miles on them. wtf people?

·
Registered
432 Posts
1700 miles, that is so crazy. it amazes me, almost every sale i see of a 625/690, there are never any miles on them. wtf people?
I've been wondering the same thing. I bought my '06 625 in August '10 with 2600 miles. And I'm the 4th owner! Apparently the 1st owner sold it with less than 100 miles. The second owner had kids and family complained of no time to ride. The 3rd owner only put 1,000 miles on it. Me, the 4th owner, works too much and also has a kid and girlfriend. It's now at 3,300 miles. But I have no plans on selling.
A side note, the previous owner called me last December, wondering if I would sell it back... Sorry.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts