SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up a 02 yz426f lookin to tard it, not sure what all i need besides wheels and tires, as far as modifiying it to make it run some lights etc im not sure what i need.. differnt gearing, lowering it ? any advice / tips would be great

·
Registered
564 Posts
baja designs wiring kit if you dont understand how to wire a rectifier and relays. and if your trying to lower it pm me. i have 426 forks lowered in my garage as i type this. i just finished the lowering kit on the forks this past weekend right up beside a rear shock for that bike as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
aside from whats mentioned above you're going to need all the wr stator and possibly ignition box (up for debate on this one, but i run the wr in mine.) also when you go to order a front brake line get the wr one. it is longer and you'll need it to get over the lighting and then to reach the relocated caliper. don't even bother with a rubber one, go steel braided; especially if you're just going to run the stock caliper. not sure what tank you've got on there but the yz one has no reserve on it. get the whole wr petcock assembly (they're cheap) and voila! now you have a 15-20 mile window of knowing you're almost out instead of the bike just dying (ask me how i know). trail tech kickstand ftw (pro moto one sucks). definitely different gearing, i run 14-42 and it will cruise the freeway fine and still pull 3 gear wheelies whenever.

sounds like a lot but it comes together quickly and for how cheap it is (i've got less than 3500 in mine) you can't have more fun. show us the build thread!

·
Registered
564 Posts
^^^ 100% agreed. the wr stator will be needed no matter what. if possible get a wr gear set in that trans of yours. you will love the low rpm cruising. ive got a 15- 40 gear ratio and i cruise on highway at about 6500 rpm at 80ish. its nice and smooth. only issue is wheelies are 1st or 2nd gear only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts