SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the moto scene and just picked up a 2007 Husqvarna SM610. I've collected a lot of info regarding jetting, removal of smog crap, exhaust, lighter battery, new plugs, etc. I have not done any of the mods yet do to the warrantee and break in period on the bike. I was just wondering if anyone out there knows of any replacement/after market footpegs for the SM610. The stock ones are too narrow and not that aggressive. Does anyone know if the 450 SMR or 510 SMR footpegs would fit? Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
good luck with the bike, just got mine about a month ago, yes the easy to reach screen filter was pretty flaky with metal bits, and had some gasket stuff in there too, did the first oil change at 107 miles, I cut off the sucide kickstand bolt after ordering and installing the shorter bolt from motosportz because the new bolt was too short on the threaded end and didn't make it through all of the threads on the nut.
go ahead and order your oil filters now, you'll probably want to change your oil at 100 miles or so if you care about break in as you mentioned it. Mine started starting easier and running smoother at about 60 miles, the transmission is shifting smoother as it loosesns up a bit, but nuetral is damn hard to find sometimes.

btw where did you get your '07 at? I purchased mine from Gateway Cycles in Kentucky and they delivered it two weeks later to me in Florida while one of thier salesmen was on a race visit in my area.

Dito on the peg question, and kind of confused about bar mounts for thicker bars.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply marbs34. I live in California and got mine in the Sacramento area. I'm not familiar with the "suicide kickstand bolt" you referred to.

I hate that the kickstand does not stay fully extended and find it to be a pain everytime I want to climb off of the bike. I like the springs keeping the stand from extending when not engaged but wish they would lock out when the kickstand is fully engaged. I removed one of the two springs (the longer thinner one) and it seemed to help a little.

I also plan on changing my oil at 100 miles and am fully stocked on oil filters. My bike was also a pain to get into nuetral when I first got it. I found several threads on SMJ, speedzilla and thumpertalk from guys with the same problem. The problem is easily remedied by adjusting the clutch cable at the perch. Nuetral is easy to find now. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Any aftermarket peg made for a Yamaha should work.
I took and old set of IMS pegs off my YZ426 and they bolted right up to my 610.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts