SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be using SuperMotoJunkie to help connect with anyone looking to ride at the Herrin Compound. Our next race is on March 21-22 and our next school is for girls only with guest instructor Elena Myers.

Check out our website for information.

http://herrincompound.com

See you at the races!

- Josh Herrin

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey Josh, hope your doing good buddy! Wish I could get back out there soon and dunk on you young bucks again!

-Chris

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome Josh! Been a huge fan since your AMA SS days. Met at MidO a few times. Good to see you're promoting/schooling sumo skills. Would love to come out and ride the compound someday

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
our next school is for girls only with guest instructor Elena Myers.
On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you mean by "girls only"? If I show up wearing a wig and make up will that be ok? :hmmm:
For real though would like to make it down some time. Welcome

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the replies. Hopefully all of you can make it out some day. We have bike rentals if you ever want to fly to a race. Make sure you check out our group page on Facebook as well. We have riders that come down almost every month from Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, New Jersey, etc. It is possible to catch a ride with someone. It is well worth it. I promise! I have never seen anyone leave The Herrin Compound without a smile on his or her face, even if they left with broken bones or bikes.

- Josh Herrin

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Welcome to SMJ! Are you guys still going to be doing open track days this season in addition to racing? I really need to make it down there this year.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I race with several of the Ohio guys who did the full "frostbite" series this past season.

I definitely need to hitch a ride down and get some practice in during our off-season.

Just a matter of finding the time, and enough people to split costs.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Awesome! Do you have an old guy class? Lol. I think I will make this a goal to come down for a track day/school this year.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had thought about trying to make it down this winter sometime with a crf150f just to get some time in. I now have a DRZ as well, but I'd want some more time to get familiar with that bike first. It's awesome that you're on the forum. I should check out how close you are to Robbinsville. See if it would be worth a trip when I'm there for a week this summer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to SMJ! Are you guys still going to be doing open track days this season in addition to racing? I really need to make it down there this year.
If you would like to ride at the compound we ask that you send us an email with the date you would like to ride. It is $100/rider each day during the week unless you have 5 or more riders then it drops to $50/rider each day. If you want to ride on a weekend it is $50/rider each day.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Josh Herrin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I race with several of the Ohio guys who did the full "frostbite" series this past season.

I definitely need to hitch a ride down and get some practice in during our off-season.

Just a matter of finding the time, and enough people to split costs.
Our race weekends are always more exciting when, Jeff, Devon and Gavin can make it down. I hope to see you at some races this year!

Josh Herrin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome! Do you have an old guy class? Lol. I think I will make this a goal to come down for a track day/school this year.
We do! It is called Formula 3 Vets! The class rules are on our website. I hope to see you at a race!

Click HERE for the class rules.

Josh Herrin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had thought about trying to make it down this winter sometime with a crf150f just to get some time in. I now have a DRZ as well, but I'd want some more time to get familiar with that bike first. It's awesome that you're on the forum. I should check out how close you are to Robbinsville. See if it would be worth a trip when I'm there for a week this summer.
We are 4.5 hours from Robbinsville. If you check out the Herrin Compound Discussions page by clicking HERE you can ask who is close to that area you can carpool with. Everyone that rides at the compound is very friendly. I hope to see you at a race this summer!

Click HERE for our schedule of events.

Josh Herrin

·
Registered
79 Posts
Our race weekends are always more exciting when, Jeff, Devon and Gavin can make it down. I hope to see you at some races this year!

Josh Herrin
Didn't realize you had responded to my post from 6 months ago. Just requested the time off to hit the January round (Thanks MLK Day!).

What gearing do stock XR's run w/ you guys? I have 13, 14 and 46,48,50 (probably). Watching the F3 video, it seems like people spend a fair amount of time on the rev limiter on the back straight. Anyone done a lot of messing around with shorter gearing?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts