SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all. New guy here from Kalamazoo, MI (yes, it's a real place!). I've had an 07 CBR 600RR for a little over a year now, and I just joined the supermoto 'club' with a 2000 XR650R that I got a little over a week ago (guess I've got a thing for Honda bikes?)

The CBR has pretty basic mods (Leo Vince slip-on, ASV shorty levers, sliders, GSXR mirrors, flush mount signals, modded brake light, solo cowl, Puig screen, DDM 6000k HIDs, etc).

The XR was fully rebuilt by the previous owner, and had a good deal done to it (Warp9 wheels, airbox mods, K&N filter, exhaust, bar risers + fatty bars, Clarke tank, and some other bits). Unfortunately, it had some gross skull vinyl graphics on it as well, so I spent the last week painting/repainting parts and making it street-legal. Re-wound the stator for a single DC output and built a new wiring harness from scratch. Also changed the headlight, made a custom LED setup for the rear brake light, and chopped the tail down a bit. It runs pretty well, but I think the carb still needs a little fine-tuning (or just a pumper carb), and I still have a few more things to do to it (hi/low H4 HID, CRF tail, blinkers, high-flow side panel, maybe some CRF forks). It's a whole different animal from my CBR though, and I'm really enjoying it. Hopefully I can get it out to a track day at Gingerman or Grattan this year. Let me know what you think!

Oh, one more photo - this one with my third 'baby,' my 07 Subaru STI Limited. Just a bit done to that... :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Welcome to SMJ!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts