SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've been reading a lot on here getting a lot of good information. Well to say the least I finally got a sumo,Yz400f.:bannana: Well I got all the lights ran jus gotta hook everything up when I get a nice day to. I currently have a street title for the bike although it's never been registered. I am jus wondering how do I go about it to get a tag here in pa:headscrat? Also I was wondering if the 35watt lightin stator I have would be powerfull enough to charge a 1.5 capactor?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome, not sure about Pa and registering a bike, I just joined up not too long ago as well. I think there's a thread around here somewherez that has a lot of info about the different states and people's experiences registering them.

Here's a quickie I found, not too sure if it's legit or not, but you gotta start somewherez.

Ok well from my understanding is.... You get a street legal DOT approved kit. You install or get a shop to install the kit. You then take the bike to an authorized safety inspection shop there they will make sure the bike is all together and take pics and do paper work on the bike. When they r done with the bike you take the title along with the pics and other paper work to a title place ( like tri county tag in state college) they will take the title and everything down to Harrisburg and Harrisburg will make the title street legal and adventualy send it back to you or the company where u took the title to and once the paper work comes back you will go in and get a plate for the bike. They said usually takes about 2-3 weeks but on rare occasions have seen it take months for it to come back. And from my understanding that's how u get a dirt bike street legal. But you must must have the paper work that says the kit is STREET LEAGAL AND DOT APPORVED

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ok so I've been reading a lot on here getting a lot of good information. Well to say the least I finally got a sumo,Yz400f.:bannana: Well I got all the lights ran jus gotta hook everything up when I get a nice day to. I currently have a street title for the bike although it's never been registered. I am jus wondering how do I go about it to get a tag here in pa:headscrat? Also I was wondering if the 35watt lightin stator I have would be powerfull enough to charge a 1.5 capactor?
What part of PA? Im near Hershey.
I had a WR400 supermoto but bought it already titled. I think you have to go thru a sort of reconstruction title like a street rod. I could try to contact the guy I bought the bike from.

·
Registered
340 Posts
ephrata july 1st

So, link up with us July 1st up in ephrata. Were trying to get a massive gathering of sumos for a ride

1 - 5 of 5 Posts