SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here with a new (to me) Husky SM450r, Its registered as a 2005 but i think its a 2003 does anyone know how i can find out?

I have only ever owned one supermoto before this and that was a CCM604, so you can imagine what my reaction was wen i first rode this, Its amazing :lol:

Sorry for the terrible picture, Its been raining so i cant take many Good ones.

Its got a full Arrow System (which is pretty backfire-y so i might have to look at jetting) on and i'm looking to do some more power mods once i look them up :D anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Eddie Edition! Droooool!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Welcome to SMJ !!!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Clean scoot! That should be a 2004, 100th anniv edition. I have one and it's been a great bike. My buddy has one with over 25K miles and was going strong until a few weekends ago lost 6th gear.

No sight glass until '05. Top it off with 1.4L after oil/filter change. Manual recommends 10w-60

You have the pipe, that's all you need!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Clean scoot! That should be a 2004, 100th anniv edition. I have one and it's been a great bike. My buddy has one with over 25K miles and was going strong until a few weekends ago lost 6th gear.

No sight glass until '05. Top it off with 1.4L after oil/filter change. Manual recommends 10w-60

You have the pipe, that's all you need!
The oil level check bolt on the right side can strip extremely easily. Just leave it alone and buy one of the 7062 clutch covers with a sight glass.

Relocated the rocker breather up higher and then into the airbox to keep from pooling oil in the airbox when you wheelie.

Check the boot/intake manifold between the carb and head when you take the carb off. They crack 99% of the time and cause back firing and what not. I thought mine was fine, once I finally changed that the bike was a rocket. I had no idea i was down on power for 3-4 months.

I would drop in a iridium plug, check the intake manifold, check the jetting, check the valves, put on the cover with sight glass, change the fluids and ride the piss out of it. I wish I hadnt sold mine it was a beauty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, the bike already has an iridium plug, I've done a compression test too. It's reading 70psi which I figured was very low but I've read it's to do with the auto decomp so I'm not too worried about that.

I'm going to check the manifold later and check the jetting while the carb is off. It's a 41mm mikuni instead of the later keihin fcr, does anyone know what the standard jets should be?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked the jets and intake boot, all fine. Does anyone know what the carb settings should be standard? Mixture, etc. Thanks guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts