SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the site and also a new supermoto rider here in eastern pa recently got rid of my 04 cbr 1000rr for a 06 drz400sm and ive never been happier most fun ive ever had on a motorcycle. i wanted to do a crf450 conversion but it would have cost too much and taken too much time so i picked this baby up on friday night and rhode it all weekend. its black with pipe jet kit and pro action suspension well just wanted to say hi and maybe is any of you are from the area we can take a rip sometime :Funny:

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Welcome to SMJ......Come out to Beaverun for track practice this Friday from 12-8 pm.....$25 ride all day:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Congrats on the DRZ and welcome to SMJ!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awsome! Im from Coatesville...New to this site as well,and also was looking to do the same with the crf450r.Ive had a bunch of rockets and now Im selling my Harley for a sm of some sort??? What were you looking at spending to build a crf?? I don't want to spend more than 6k. Or would it make more sense to buy a Husky or KTM? Advice please!..I also don't want to spend alot to maintain it.How is the Husky with maintenance? I like the Husky but the nearest dealer is either willow grove or coopersburg.right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome fellas! The Husky is an MX bike with lights so expect frequent oil changes and somewhat frequent valve checks. Closest Husky dealer would be Montgomeryville Cycle Center. Got mine from ToyTech cycles in Grantville Pa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also new to supermoto. But live in Northern MD, about 45 min from Lancaster. I went about a year after getting rid of my KX450. Couldn't take it anymore and got a 02 exc. Its in pieces now, waiting on wheels/tires. I will be ready soon and looking to ride!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats not to far....Im from west chester.
yeah thats not far my buddy works in west chester if you want to get together and ride let me know there are a few of us around here most of my buddys have sport bikes but a few have supermotos..... this winter i want to do a bigbore kit and cams on my drz!! i love the bike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome fellas! The Husky is an MX bike with lights so expect frequent oil changes and somewhat frequent valve checks. Closest Husky dealer would be Montgomeryville Cycle Center. Got mine from ToyTech cycles in Grantville Pa.
+1 on Toy Tech...Awesome shop.

·
Registered
111 Posts
yeah thats not far my buddy works in west chester if you want to get together and ride let me know there are a few of us around here most of my buddys have sport bikes but a few have supermotos..... this winter i want to do a bigbore kit and cams on my drz!! i love the bike
I replied before I read this...hell yea ill ride with you hahahh :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
here is a pic of what it looked like when i picked it up

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice. Your not far from me. There are some decent roads around the fleetwood/kutztown area I ride regularly if your interested...
i actually live about 5 mins from kutztown/fleetwood i have a few roads that you might not know about that would probably be alot of interest to you i live back in the woods and there are some really fun roads pm me your number me and a buddy with a gsxr1000 are going out this weekend

1 - 17 of 17 Posts