SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people!
My name is gar and I'm a Supermoto Junkie.

Right, that's over with.

I'm currently living in Barcelona (50 minutes from Parc Motor Castelloli - the 'No Limits' track), but am from London originally.
Veteran of 17" and KTMforum (uk), supermotardclub (cat) and, of course, Londonbikers.com.

Currently on a Husqvarna SM 610. Not a mental rider by any means, but like getting near the edge of my comfort zone, the roads around Barcelona are good for that.

Here is a recent video of what I have :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome Sekon.

@kba-pro in fact I have a 'custom' (bodged) set-up with two mirrors. One is a Cat Eye cyclist's bar end mirror held onto the bar with a couple of brackets I bought from a local ironmongers (hardware store) and the other is a rear view mirror 'extender' which is radically convex allowing a wiser view, this is glued onto an old bracket that I can't remember the source of I'm afraid.

Have a look at some of the biking videos on my YouTube channel for a better look at the mirror strangeness ;)

To be honest, it's just a cheap alternative to a pair of decent bar end mirrors I want to install 'under bar'.

·
Registered
674 Posts
How this second one rear view convexed mirror works. Can you made more pictures of construction. Is it not enough with the convexed one if you use the round one under the bar??? Idea with the convexed looks really nice.

I have to start thinking about the mirrors for my project which is definitely jammed in case of trifles. Standard mirrors is one of the causes of the jam cose they looks like donkey ears:headscrat

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The combination works quite well - the round one is good for long distance and the convex one is good for more coverage, especially my blindspot.

I remember now, the convex one is held on with a bracket for a Tomtom satnav.
I glued the shoe of the bracket (which usually fixes to the body of the Tomtom) to the base of the mirror with some tough epoxy paste and used one of these mounts:

This means I can remove the mirror if I want to.

Hope this helps.

How this second one rear view convexed mirror works. Can you made more pictures of construction. Is it not enough with the convexed one if you use the round one under the bar??? Idea with the convexed looks really nice.

I have to start thinking about the mirrors for my project which is definitely jammed in case of trifles. Standard mirrors is one of the causes of the jam cose they looks like donkey ears:headscrat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts