SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums and pretty much riding all together. Took the MSF BRC in June, got my M endorsement and have been doing a lot of parking lot practice and around town cruising.

Picked up a 2002 DR-Z400S in June 2020, got it all fixed up for dirt riding and realized I really like riding roads! 800 miles so far in 2 months all on the pavement on my Tusk Dsports dirt setup.

Just picked up some excel SM wheels and currently converting my bike to a supermoto.

Excited to get into the community and learn more.

2020-07-18_07-13-01_545.jpg

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Congrats. I had an 02 drz for about 30k miles. Great bike. When you do an sm conversion and you dont use the stock sm fron hub and speedo drive you will need to sort out a gauge setup for the speedo. Conversion is pretty straightforward and fun but I will say on the road the s with some 50/50 tires does great. If you plan on hitting the track that is where the sm stuff shines.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Forgot to mention I spent a lot of laps at VIR. Depending on where you are in NC I'd strongly suggest checking it out. Big bikes have fallen off over the years but you can call ahead and pretty much ride any day at the kart track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts