SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hawk Baron
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got two new Dunlop Qualifiers mounted yesterday. What can I expect on the track versus the older stock tires as far aggressive cornering. I chose these over the pilot power. Was that a mistake?
The shop replaced my balance weights that crimped on the spokes with some glue on weights to the rim. I'm not quite sure I like those weights.
I was able to replace the factory 140-70-17 with a 160-60-17 with no modifications to the stock setup. I have about 1/8" clearance from the chain. Stock chain guard remains in place. Is this the largest rear tire that can be mounted? I will post some pics later. I am in the Hospital now, my second daughter just arrived to the world.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
a 150 rear is usually the best fit for a 4.25" wheel. a 160 fits fine, but the profile is a little too steep for my taste. definitely stick with a 160 or smaller.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
its just pointless for anything larger than a 150. to much rotating mass. less power. stick with the stock size 140 or llike everyone else, a 150, it has more of a contact patch and the 150/60/17 profile seems to be the best. seems to me most will stay with the pilot powers and the conti force sm because the are for smaller bikes like the drz. and they are a ton cheaper then the dunflops.

·
Hawk Baron
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These were on the shelf. I had a nail in the rear tire and way flat across the middle. I did not want to wait and this was the smallest tire in stock. I think it looks pretty cool though. i will get a pic. up soon.

·
Hawk Baron
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
those will work just fine. oh yeah congrats on the new baby. my wife is due in about 6 weeks with our second child, a little girl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts