SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t really say it’s a supermoto, mediocre moto probably describes it better. It’s a CSC TT250 (Chinese Dualsport). I went from 18” rear and 21” front to 16” on both. Kawasaki Ninja 250 wheels. Front axle dropped almost 2” rear axle dropped about 3/4”. I was thinking I should lower the rear an inch or so, hopefully just tighten the rear spring up to drop it a bit. What is normally done to compensate for the geometry change? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How's it feel to ride as is?
[/QUOTE
Haven’t had a chance, finished it up yesterday, took the pic and came in for the night. I’ll ride a bit today. Waiting for new front sprocket & chain, don’t really want to wear with the old ones. I was reading online about lowering and it scared me a bit, just curious if 2” drop in front needs to be equal drop in the rear, that would be hard to do without buying a different shock. Hopefully it handles okay as is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Leave it , it'll be fine , an offroad bike has slow steering verses a road bike. You don't want to create more suspension sag by backing off the spring either , it will makes the bike wallow under braking and acceleration. I tend to run about an inch of sag like a sportbike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts