SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well...Got my new Seat on from Seatconcepts and went for a 100 mile ride...Much better than stock! Also put me some new micro LED turn signals. The turn signals are really nice and low profile, they are also really bright and look very stealthy.

Just thought I would post for anyone interested in both...

:ride:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Seat altogether cost me 230 dollars. 166 for the kit from Wheeling Cycle supplies, which consist of the Cover and new wider foam. You can use you stock seat pan and recover it with the new foam or you can pick up an old seat off of ebay for 50 bucks and use the pan off of it. That is what I did...So I still have my stock one for backup. I tried to install it myself but my staple gun didnt have enough horse power to do the job...I took it to our local upholstery shop and they put it on for 15 dollars....

Seat Concepts kit...166
Old seat off of SMJ or Ebay..50
Install................................15
Total.................................231

You can go to seat concepts web sight and order it threw them...with any color combination you want...I ordered mine with gripper top and carbon fiber vinyl sides...
or go to Wheeling Cycle Supplies...the have it too.

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/3/22/index.shtml

The LED LIGHTS are off of ebay for 16 bucks...Look under Motorcycle Micro LED Lights.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stalk-Turn-Signal-Lights-Mini-Blinker-Super-LED-Black-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem51936f62aaQQitemZ350365901482QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have the Seat Concepts set up on mine too. LOVE IT!!! first big ride, rode 275 miles...:D I did my seat aswell. I took off the old seat cover and recovered it with my dad's staple gun. which took some getting use too. I believe mine costed me $159... from "Seatconcepts.com"
I like those Blinkers!:thumbup:

Beej

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep....It can be corrected by adding a resistor. LED's draw less current than Conventional Bulbs. This can cause the signals to blink faster, adding a Resistor to correct the current drop will do the trick.

It doesn't bother me much anymore these days so I just wired it up to my old harness.

Hope this helps U out.
G

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mirrors are made by Zefal.

They are made for a bicycle and are designed to fit on the bar ends. I modified the ends mounted on my bars.

Our local Walmart sells them in the bike section for around 12 bucks. They are not the best but do work...Hope this helps.

G.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts