1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
No KTM 495? That was suposedly the wicked of the wicked big 2smokes

·
Registered
510 Posts
ehh, apples and oranges. But still a good point. No R/SXV 550 dyno eh?? That oughta even the playing field a bit heh. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
weight range

knockout
I wanted to do bikes that are all within a similar weight range, past and present. Compare old Main contenders with their modern day counter parts.
Throwing the hyper mortards in there not to mention the 700cc two smokes could get out of control pretty easy.

That fuel enjected Aprilla makes 56hp at 284 pounds
these bikes are in the low 200 lbs area. Power to weight ratio makes me regret i bought my pig KTM 620.

FuzzyBock
Find me the dyno and ill gladly swap the 380 with the 495.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I know, I was breakin your balls. :thumbup:

While power may have suffered, ridability and handling have improved. But thats neither here nor there I suppose. Throw in the bigger KTM and maybe the ATK for good measure.

Edit : And the race aprilias (and dont forget the MX version, the MXV450) dont come in at that much more weight. Theyre in the 250lb area. Still viable for this comparo I'd say. You're talking street legal weight, which none of the above listed are.

·
Registered
637 Posts
ehh, apples and oranges. But still a good point. No R/SXV 550 dyno eh?? That oughta even the playing field a bit heh. :D
At what RPM though? If it makes 55 hp at 10,000 RPM, I'm still not gonna care. Somebody remind me why I don't own a big smoker?

·
Registered
193 Posts
no offense but imo dyno results which have not been ascertained under absolut same conditions (same dyno, same temperature, same airpressure, same "strengt" the bikes have been tied to the dyno, same position of the wheel on the dyno, tire pressure etc etc etc) dont state a lot

·
Registered
510 Posts
At what RPM though? If it makes 55 hp at 10,000 RPM, I'm still not gonna care. Somebody remind me why I don't own a big smoker?
Why wouldnt you care? Holding a gear longer can be the difference in winning or losing a race. Why do you think manufacturers work to have some over rev? Besides, do you see the graph??? Damn near 10k rpm already. Excluding the 2 smokes, which sign off ridiculously fast.

And KTM380 brings up a good point. Different times, different dynos, different conditions, etc. But I still like the graph.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the 2strokes were tested all together on a SAE rated dyno. And the 4strokes were tested together. I beleive the accuracy is pretty good. If i were to throw others in there tested idependently it would mess it all up. Id like to see the proof of Maico/ATK 700cc 81hp claims. and the torque which i havent seen stated anywhere

Torque cruve comparision would be even better. Thats what really matter right. Those two stokes must have serious TURBO button lag.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Why wouldnt you care? Holding a gear longer can be the difference in winning or losing a race. Why do you think manufacturers work to have some over rev? Besides, do you see the graph??? Damn near 10k rpm already. Excluding the 2 smokes, which sign off ridiculously fast.

And KTM380 brings up a good point. Different times, different dynos, different conditions, etc. But I still like the graph.
Why wouldn't I care? Because I like a nice fat torque curve. And if something is making it's peak power of 55hp at 10K rpm, it, by default, doesn't have much torque. My non-motard is an SV1000. I like torque. I'm a big fan of torque. Those big smokers...some of them have torque out the ass. The kind of torque a 550 twin could only dream of having.

·
Registered
434 Posts

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

*slow clap!:clap:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
what the hell is that and how much power is it making?!?!? its gotta be around 110!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i found it looking at differnt two strokes engines. The lightest most powerful engines ive found that might fit in a dirft bike is this Superkart engine. its a 250cc rated at 100hp stock probably 150+ with the turbos.
Put that it in a sumo with slicks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts