SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PKRA will now be raising the rates to $35 for practice. This is due to some people not following the rules. Now they will have a tech inspector checking our bikes for sliders and catch cans. Last session they had someone there that claims there was a crash and we caused a big gauge in the track. It doesn’t matter now if we did or not, the fact is some of you are going on the track without the required gear.
We won’t let this happen again. Plane and simple, if you show up without the required riding gear and sliders, you’re not going on the track.
I just want to thank those of you who can’t follow a few simple rules. Now you have gone and given those who are anti-bike some ammo. Current management at this track is not real bike friendly, and it will only take a few more instances like this to lose it for all of us.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't personally know any kart people... but I sure am forming some seriously strong and negative opinions of them...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It's not really the karters themselves, rather a specific person in charge of the board...i won't name names...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who carshed? What can you tell me about it? How many were involved, and in what corner? I ask so many questions because I want to see if the story I was told meshes with what really happend.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The rate increase is not due to rule infractions. It is because that is the rate non kart club members are required to pay. I'm thinking of buying a kart joining the club just to [email protected] with them. Unfortunately $5 probably won't decrease the numbers sufficiently to make it seem like a bad idea, though it would be funny if 20 less people showed up over the $5. The President of the club was complaining bitterly about everything out there. In fact, I think he even had a problem with LOk47'a sunglass choice.

Specifically what riding gear? The person that was the main bitcher pointed to one of my riders that was wearing MX armor under his regular clothes and said that the rider was not wearing any protective gear.

I can just as easily not bring any new people down there.. It would save me money on fuel, entry fees and TW parts. I don't charge for the use of the TW's in an effort to promote the activitiy and increase the head count.

I quit doing trackdays with big bikes because of whiny bitchy people. They take all of the fun out of fun.

Years ago I had a conversation with a guy who did some bike stuff there and he claimed that he had never had so much trouble trying to organize an event with a track.

This is a fun thing, If they are going to Strongarm me or anyone in my general vicinity I'll tuck the few hundred I spend going to each event neatly back in my pocket and head to rider friendly tracks elsewhere.

It seems like it's shaping up to be typically Arizona motorsports BS. People forming opinions on stuff they know nothing about and that are too apathetic to try to understand. I'm amazed they don't have the girls sewing and waiting on us hand and foot. I wonder if the female members of the kart club are allowed to vote?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Who carshed? What can you tell me about it? How many were involved, and in what corner? I ask so many questions because I want to see if the story I was told meshes with what really happend.
Craig and I had a rather lengthy conversation about this today. JD and Jim both have the information

·
Registered
95 Posts
I hate nazi's as much as the next guy, but these aren't NEW rules. Everybody knows they should have sliders & bottles. They just have been relaxed about checking the bikes lately. It does hamper bringing new guys out somewhat but what can you do. I'll be happy to let a guy spin some laps on my bike to give it a try. Slider & bottles are required at almost any kart track that allows bikes. If you go race CCS you have to put a stupid belly pan on. It's just another hoop we have to jump through to have fun. If everbody has slides & bottles on we can continue to have fun & this will blow over like everything else.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Agreed, these aren't new rules. If you've got extra sliders, bring them with you because new guys may need them. I'm bringing another set just in case from now on in my tool box.

Let's not give them anything to bitch about. We're bringing in good numbers and having fun and that's what it's all about.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I don't take issue with the rules. Admitedly, enforcement has been lax I think probably more to keep new people coming than to outwardly defy the kart club. I take issue with the fact that they handled it poorly. Jim and JD are truly good people and the guy jumped all over them relentlessly basically because he could. If he truly had a problem with the situation (other than to use as an excuse to cause problems) he, given his position in the karting organization, would have been completely within his rights to speak with us individually and clarify what his expectations were.

I'll keep going, albeit with only my girls and a couple friends.

No one answered the gear question. Madison wears MX pads under her street clothes. I ordered a suit from Jackson but it won't be here before the next event.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
"Motocross gear is acceptable, with elbow and knee pads.

Under armor such as the 661 PressureSuit orTroy Lee Designs Leather Speed Jacket."

My opinion is that jeans are just as durable as mx pants, but I think that is something you're going to have to clarify with Craig. JD and his Dad is nice people that did not deserve the treatment given to them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts