SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I can't afford tire changes every month so no extra sticky for me. Save you comments on that issue.

I made 2 extra trips cause I didn't have a 27mm socket and I had to come back home for allen 6. After I had all the tools the operation took less than on R6 I had before. Not bad for a first time. Putting the rear back on was PITA though.
Here are some pics of my ghetto-fabulous lift etc

rear off

both off

new rubber

back on road!

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
my pipe?:hmmm:
I ride about 3K miles a month, whatcha talking about willis"?

:Funny:

Looks like the underside of my SMR every sunday afternoon - im assuming thats curled off hot rubber bits from the tire? ( on the pipe and plastic ) Or is that just road slop ? The stock rubber my SMR came with seems to peel off and stick to the underside of my pipes / tail section better then it does to the rim :laughingr

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what it is. I don't do burnouts. I ride some dirt - as much as the tires can do - so it may be anything ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
well, I can't afford tire changes every month so no extra sticky for me. Save you comments on that issue.
I hear ya. The rear Dunlop Sportmax GPR-10 on my 690SMR is almost [email protected] 2400km (1500m)! I've been looking at Bridgestone BT-014 or Metzler M1 or maybe even Avon Distanzia's ... no more extra sticky for me for me either. Let us know how your new Conti's feel.

·
Registered
189 Posts
What was wrong with the other tires? The front looks fine, well.... except for the chicken strips.:laughingr

What kind of tires did you put on it?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the arrows on the tire state the correct rotation
the rear tire was worn past the wear bars and the middle was beginning to shred - no metal visible yet
I changed the front cause I decided to go with different tires, I didn't want to mix them
these are conti road attacks, I saw a lot of pictures of people dragging knees with them, I'll have to see how a lighter bike will behave with them. I had conti sport attacks on R6 and they stick just as good as pilot powers with a little better wear

·
Registered
569 Posts
thats strange, because normally the grooves flow towards the outside to keep from hydroplaning on water, your rear tire is correct but the front tire will flow right to the middle and cause hydroplaning, weird

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah it is...i have those on mine and they are the other way!!
check the arrow on the tire then
I think I'll go with what a manufacturer recommends in this case:)
btw they work good, I went for a 10hr ride today, lots of twisties and zero problems.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this particular section is about 30 miles long, goes thru the woods, has nice pavement, passed 2 cars on the way - perfect
here's another shot from there

·
Registered
569 Posts
nice road and pics...

yeah the tire could be on the correct way, the stock tires are the same way where the tread faces goofy on the front

1 - 20 of 29 Posts