SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I could not resist and finally got me a pure track supermoto to try some racing. I just picked it up Monday. I have been doing track days on my KTM 690 but want to do some actual racing.

Looking for tips and pointers. I thought about coming out for the next Qualcom race and giving it a go but my rational mind is saying hold off and do a few track days at Apex or somewhere first.

Thoughts? I am dying to get out on the bike!! Qualcom is sooooo close to me. I went and watched a race last year and have played around before on smaller bike. Wife said OK, buddy cut me a smoking deal so I am ready to play.

I still need to pick up warmers, a new canopy since a Chuckwalla wind storm claimed mine, and I guess generator for power to warmers. I can wait and do some track days but just antsy!

Thanks!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hit me up

Nate,
Sean can answer any question for you, but most racers are a bit busy the last few weekend racing out of town. Hit me up on FB if you have any question, or you can txt me at 858-705-2818.

Pham

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nate, come on out. You won't be disappointed. Think of it as track day and just come out and have fun. We are on the West side track which is very fast for supermotos. It's about 1.1 miles or so. Your bike will love it. There's a great bunch of guys that come out to race so you'll get to meet a bunch of us too. Here's a track map.

http://racesmx.com/SDKAWest1.pdf

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I am going to go up and do a track day on it with my buddy I bought it from so I can get some tips and get a feel for the bike. I will definitely be out racing soon. Just need to get comfortable on the bike and a good feel for it before I jump into a race I think.

You guys will have the chance to pass me soon enough!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts