SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it is REAL!

A few of us are hard at work on getting a real race series back here in the PNW. Lots of work to still get done but in the last few months we are so close to getting the web site and everything done.

So be patient as we hope to have more info on the tracks, schedules, classes and costs :thumbup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, it is REAL!

A few of us are hard at work on getting a real race series back here in the PNW. Lots of work to still get done but in the last few months we are so close to getting the web site and everything done.

So be patient as we hope to have more info on the tracks, schedules, classes and costs :thumbup:

Deb- I stopped in Oregon Raceway Park yesterday and visited with Kyle, director of operations. He said that he had spoken with you prior and had invited us to explore SM options with him. He have me a tour of the North section of the track and it looked like an amazing option. Not sure where you and him left off, however he is anxious to see if there is a future with his venue. I can forward you his contact info if interested.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think Debi forwarded me the pricing and insurance info for ORP, and its currently just not possible for us.

I would not mind running there, but its currently the farthest location we've considered, and not economically viable for us. This is kind of the theme for large road courses.

Rather certain I have not spoken with him myself, if he or anybody would like to reach out to us, I can be contacted at: [email protected]

And an update for those following on SMJ. The website; www.cascadiasm.com is nearly complete (there is a very basic splash page currently visible to the public) Once it is finished, I'll drop the splash page and we will begin utilizing the site in full.

I can't promise for certain yet, but it looks like we will be able to keep the race costs near my original target of $100 for unlimited classes. I'm currently looking at 110 with membership or 110 + 15 without.

We have rough dates selected, but wont be able to confirm our schedule until early January.

Hope everybody stays interested through the winter! We will be racing in May, no question.

·
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deb- I stopped in Oregon Raceway Park yesterday and visited with Kyle, director of operations. He said that he had spoken with you prior and had invited us to explore SM options with him. He have me a tour of the North section of the track and it looked like an amazing option. Not sure where you and him left off, however he is anxious to see if there is a future with his venue. I can forward you his contact info if interested.

Yes I have spoken with Kyle a couple times and due to the costs it is out of our range for costs to race there. As Case has stated, we are trying hard to keep costs down for the racers and keep travel times down to a reasonable amount.

But we are hard at work getting all of this set up and ready for 2016 :bannana:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes I have spoken with Kyle a couple times and due to the costs it is out of our range for costs to race there. As Case has stated, we are trying hard to keep costs down for the racers and keep travel times down to a reasonable amount.

But we are hard at work getting all of this set up and ready for 2016 :bannana:

OK! Thanks to ya'all for your efforts in putting a race series together for 2016!!! Looking forward to updated info as it unfolds.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Awesome awesome awesome!!!! Thank you all so much for your hard work. My bike is ready for the new season. Can't wait to see the schedule. I am very anxious to get back on the track. Yahoo!!!!!!:clap::bannana::bannana::clap::clap::bannana::bike:

·
Registered
85 Posts
We're really hoping to bring some consistency back to racing up here!

My race plans are built around worst case scenarios. The idea is that low turnout wont hurt the success of continuing to have races.
This has the added effect of really allowing us some flexibility and making improvements when we do have good turnout.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Deb,

Did you guys get insurance worked out with NKA? The per rider fee for their services plus a per rider track rental is the way to go, so long as your tracks are in for that. It worked out great to get the Utah series back up to decent numbers. Excited to see you guys getting this going, good job! :clap::clap::clap:

·
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Deb,

Did you guys get insurance worked out with NKA? The per rider fee for their services plus a per rider track rental is the way to go, so long as your tracks are in for that. It worked out great to get the Utah series back up to decent numbers. Excited to see you guys getting this going, good job! :clap::clap::clap:
Yes we did, just waiting for them to send us the new 2016 rates. Thanks for the hook up on that :thumbup: We're still waiting to hear back on the on track Medical to return with their 2016 costs as well.

We are getting CLOSER:bannana:

Thanks for all your help and input Jeff as it has been invaluable in this undertaking. :clap::thumbup::bannana:

·
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM TO SEE THIS. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO YOU ALL THAT HAVE PUT THIS TOGETHER.

You better be there :anim_peep: I have a can of whoop ass I need to open up on you :rofl: Just teasing. Looking forward to lining up with you again :thumbup: :bannana:

·
Registered
87 Posts
You better be there :anim_peep: I have a can of whoop ass I need to open up on you :rofl: Just teasing. Looking forward to lining up with you again :thumbup: :bannana:
I already have the dates in my calendar. For now, June is the only date that may be a problem but there is plenty of time to work it out :)bowdown: it’s my wife’s birthday that weekend. She likes my racing but . . . . . . . .The location will be the big factor). So bring on that can of stuff you got!!!!!! :burnout:Cuz all I wana do is a zoom zoom!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I already have the dates in my calendar. For now, June is the only date that may be a problem but there is plenty of time to work it out :)bowdown: it’s my wife’s birthday that weekend. She likes my racing but . . . . . . . .The location will be the big factor). So bring on that can of stuff you got!!!!!! :burnout:Cuz all I wana do is a zoom zoom!!
P.S. the plan is for 100% participation. it's been to long of a time since megamoto at Evergreen Raceway. I mean, that whole thing with PGP and the Ridge, getting me rev'd up to race there and stuff, kinda blew my exhaust packing and i felt like just doing the MX. But that time has past and it's time to hit the tarmac for a long time now. Besides, that MX thing was getting tough to recover from at age 54.

·
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
P.S. the plan is for 100% participation. it's been to long of a time since megamoto at Evergreen Raceway. I mean, that whole thing with PGP and the Ridge, getting me rev'd up to race there and stuff, kinda blew my exhaust packing and i felt like just doing the MX. But that time has past and it's time to hit the tarmac for a long time now. Besides, that MX thing was getting tough to recover from at age 54.
WOW, we are going to need a 50+ class huh :rofl:

Until we get info back from the places on their schedules we are on a hold pattern for the dates. We are keeping April open as to not conflict with Stateline :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts