SuperMoto Junkie banner
1,021 - 1,038 of 1,038 Posts
hello from reno nevada usa my names guy, as in that f**kin guy. im about 50ish and was pleased to see quite a few mature in age but not in unbridled enthusiasm riding this area of motorcycles. ive been riding for about ten years but i raced bmx professionally so two wheels is in my blood. im currently on a 06 wr450f with all the free mods and warp 9 wheel set. i sold my 06 yz450f with a lot of engine work (to the tune of about 63 hp) to get my wr450f and having the magic button was worth the reduction in hp.but know that shes no slouch with my tlc. keep your whiskey in the glass not in your throttle.

My name is Jared, I have just moved into the Washington DC area in the US. Im 24 years old, new to the supermoto game, but I have raced single track and a lot of trail riding since I was 8. Right now I am interested in street riding, but eventually I would love to get back into some trail stuff. I used to travel from pa to wv to TN for all kinds of trail riding. Much fun but this street riding is much more of an adrenaline rush! I currently am riding a 14’ Husqvarna FE501 sitting on warp 9 wheel set, FMF slip-on, trailtech radiator fan, and a boyeson supercooler water pump. I’m looking to get some other goodies like the steering stabilizer and some type of tuner. Love the bike, but I have some little things that I need to get worked out like the odometer/speedometer not working, but I’m surviving! Glad to be part of the group and I hope I can meet some fellow riders in the area!

Hiya,
I'm Brian from Sydney Australia.
Been riding bikes for 40 yrs and after a multitude of road bikes I found shabby red KLR650 in Queensland. I had a KLR600 back in dispatch rider days in London and loved it. So I thought let's relive the fun.
Bloody hell, I went mad and spend a shed load of cash getting it sorted but it's worth every dollar.
It looks great, goes really well and it's my go to bike.
Enough power with simple mods, great handling with expensive mods and just an all around fun bike. It makes me lol riding it sometimes.
I don't think I'd go back to a road bike ever again.

Thanks for the add to the community.

I've had several DRZs, a KTM 690, and now looking at a KTM 450. Love the Supermotos!!!! Live in Bloomington, Indiana in the summer and Naples, FL in the winter. Hope to see some of you around...

2010 KTM 690 SMC
2020 Aprilia RSV4 (track bike)
2007 VFR800

Looks like I jumped the gun and made a post before noticing this section. Apologies for not following the rules! New member here from the New England area in the USA. I have been riding for over 20 years, all on the street. I would love to ride some dirt, but honestly not much around my area. I have owned, in order of first to last, a kawasaki ex-500, yamaha r6, honda cb500T, Kawisaaki KLR 650, ducati m750 Monster, BMW R NINE T, and most recently a Ducati Hypermotard 950SP. I have also been fortunate to have a good riding buddy, and have spent considerable time on his bikes: Ducati GT1000, Ducati 1299 Panigale S, and KTM 690 SMC R. Currently, I am eyeing either a 2022 690 SMC R or a 2022 701 SM (see my long post I made yesteday if you are curious about my decision process and want to help me pick which one). I am by no means a mechanic, but I have done quite a bit of work to my bikes over the years and am looking to continue to become more self-reliant when it comes to service. Anyway, enough about me. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and contributing to this forum. Keep the rubber side down...unless of course you are enjoying a nice wheelie!

Welcome to SMJ, we are more than happy to have the opportunity to further infect you with the Supermoto Virus! 👍

But first..., this section of the forum is typically the best place for your first post and is specifically for you to introduce yourself to the rest of the membership and perhaps tell us a little about yourself if you would like to do so. Feel free to give us the same kind of info you would introduce yourself to any new group with. Remember we are an international group and enjoy learning where you live, your riding background and/or what brought you to either own (or be intersted in) supermotos.

Remember, this spot is for your introduction and NOT the best place for your first questions, we have just met you. Our interest in this section is to see who you are, where you are from and find out a little about you since you have just joined our community. There are plenty of different specific sections in the forum that are vastly more appropriate for your questions and they will get more attention there .

Chances are also pretty good that your first questions may have been covered before as well. Please take the time to do some research on your specific concerns by simply trolling (or cruising) different forums that interest you to see if they have previously been or are currently being discussed.
You can also do more specific research by employing the SEARCH BUTTON underneath the header banner at the top of the page. Enter key words for whatever interests you (i.e. "Best Street Tard", "", "megan fox' :D, "street-legal requirements", etc.) and you are more than likely to get several pages of information to sate your curiosity.

Now that we have been introduced and you have done some preliminary reasearch, feel free to fire away with questions, comments, concerns, observations, ride alerts, ride reports or whatever. And always remember, every post is better if you can work in a pic. In fact, some demand them!
Looks like I jumped the gun and made a post before noticing this section. Apologies for not following the rules! New member here from the New England area in the USA. I have been riding for over 20 years, all on the street. I would love to ride some dirt, but honestly not much around my area. I have owned, in order of first to last, a kawasaki ex-500, yamaha r6, honda cb500T, Kawisaaki KLR 650, ducati m750 Monster, BMW R NINE T, and most recently a Ducati Hypermotard 950SP. I have also been fortunate to have a good riding buddy, and have spent considerable time on his bikes: Ducati GT1000, Ducati 1299 Panigale S, and KTM 690 SMC R. Currently, I am eyeing either a 2022 690 SMC R or a 2022 701 SM (see my long post I made yesteday if you are curious about my decision process and want to help me pick which one). I am by no means a mechanic, but I have done quite a bit of work to my bikes over the years and am looking to continue to become more self-reliant when it comes to service. Anyway, enough about me. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and contributing to this forum. Keep the rubber side down...unless of course you are enjoying a nice wheelie!
Welcome to SMJ, we are more than happy to have the opportunity to further infect you with the Supermoto Virus! 👍

But first..., this section of the forum is typically the best place for your first post and is specifically for you to introduce yourself to the rest of the membership and perhaps tell us a little about yourself if you would like to do so. Feel free to give us the same kind of info you would introduce yourself to any new group with. Remember we are an international group and enjoy learning where you live, your riding background and/or what brought you to either own (or be intersted in) supermotos.

Remember, this spot is for your introduction and NOT the best place for your first questions, we have just met you. Our interest in this section is to see who you are, where you are from and find out a little about you since you have just joined our community. There are plenty of different specific sections in the forum that are vastly more appropriate for your questions and they will get more attention there .

Chances are also pretty good that your first questions may have been covered before as well. Please take the time to do some research on your specific concerns by simply trolling (or cruising) different forums that interest you to see if they have previously been or are currently being discussed.
You can also do more specific research by employing the SEARCH BUTTON underneath the header banner at the top of the page. Enter key words for whatever interests you (i.e. "Best Street Tard", "", "megan fox' :D, "street-legal requirements", etc.) and you are more than likely to get several pages of information to sate your curiosity.

Now that we have been introduced and you have done some preliminary reasearch, feel free to fire away with questions, comments, concerns, observations, ride alerts, ride reports or whatever. And always remember, every post is better if you can work in a pic. In fact, some demand them!
Name is Richard, from The Villages in Florida. 67 years old and sold my 2019 Busa for a new 2021 690 SMCR. Also have a 390 duke and 650 versys. The Duke got me into supermoto, and it is much safer than the busa. almost 1/2 the weight. I liked to pull wheelies and is much safer on the SMR. Been riding for 55 years, and started out on a 1000 sportster. Stay in shape, exercise and keep your back muscles in good condition. I expect to be riding into my 70's. And yes, I am a Senior SQUID.

Hello from Arizona, Doc here. I’m 67 years young! I have a 2001 Yamaha 426 YZ that has been taking up space in my garage. Time to go for a refresh on this old dog, the bike not me. Supermoto seems legit. Come along with me as I show this old dog new tricks. Pictures with my build process to follow.

Hi all I'm from Adelaide, South Australia 🇦🇺 been riding 20 years or so looking to hit the supermoto train once again had a drz sm and a husaberg te300 sm hope to have my mind filled with ideas on what to pick next. Cheers
Current bikes:
Kawasaki zx10r
Ktm 250 exc

Hello all,
New guy here, in Arizona. New-ish to supermotos, in that Im building my first proper dirt bike supermoto. I'm building a KX450F currently. I already have a KTM 690 Duke, which is supermotp-ish in its ergonomics and riding style. Big 690cc single cylinder thumper. I also have a little Z125 to race on cart tracks. Came here, as I just kind of got the bug to actually race a proper Sumo on the cart track, so I'm converting an old KX450.

Hello all.
My name is Tim from southern ON. Canada. I have been riding 40 plus years & started on a Honda MR50 progressed with off road bikes onto the street currently have a VFR800,FJR1300es,Goldwing GL1800 & a DR-Z400sm to try out this new to me form of riding. While looking for information on setup and gear I came across this place & figured it is a good spot to lurk for a while. Thanks for providing such an informative site.

You can also do more specific research by employing the SEARCH BUTTON underneath the header banner at the top of the page. Enter key words for whatever interests you (i.e. "Best Street Tard", "", "megan fox' , "street-legal requirements", etc.) and you are more than likely to get several pages of information to sate your curiosity.

Nice to meet y’all! I’m a 50 yr old silly fool from New Orleans… transplanded in Texas… it’s a long story. I’m new to Supermoto and just got my first one. 05 SMR. I posted in another forum and maybe it should’ve been here. I’m excited to become obsessed. I have a lifetime of history around motorcycles and tried most things at least once. I’m looking forward to being part of this. I’ll post a pic of the new steed… as I picked it up. The engine seems straight as does most everything else. Gonna take some work but it will look totally different before I am (never) done. Cheers

Hello from Vermont, USA. I've been licensed since Aug 2023, gone through the ChampSchool program (great ppl), 2 N2 track days, Jimmy Lewis dirt class last month (very difficult to me), going to BMW performance next week to try out their moto adventure riding course. I've registered for track day locally in New Hampshire this April, and really looking forward to the SoCal SM experience in June. Obviously I am trying out different riding 'disciplines' to assess my preference. At this time, I'm leaning towards street riding around the twisties of our mountainous region, and believe that supermoto is suitable to my taste.

With that in mind, I'm awaiting delivery of a 2024 Husky 701SM. The Seat Comfort seat is on order, the Rottweiler intake, SAS delete, and PC6 are being delivered, and a set of Wings pipe in possession. I figured intake and exhaust are essential to maximize the machine's capabilities. However, I'll try to run stock during the break-in to appreciate its baseline power... and to prevent me from getting hurt :)

I also have a 2023 Triumph Tiger Sport 660 with about 1500 miles on the clock. She's a hoot and a great beginner ride. Oh, before I forget, I'll be 62 this July and the Mrs. thinks I have a death wish, going through midlife crisis. (?) She's less concerned seeing that I'm attending numerous training courses to improve safety. I DO wear full gear all the time on the bike.

Thank you for setting this forum for newbs like me with a passion for intensive riding. I'm looking forward to hooking up with other like-minded in my area and beyond.

Cheers!

1,021 - 1,038 of 1,038 Posts