SuperMoto Junkie banner
981 - 1,000 of 1,038 Posts
Thanks, another question regarding a starter issue.

Thanks, so I'm having starter issues, I can't seem to get a clean search on my problem. When I hit the starter it sounds like a chain is rattling around inside the case but it doesn't engage, are there any threads you could point me to to get an idea of where to start...I bought a new starter but haven't put it on because now I think there is something else amiss....fortunately it kick starts very easy.

Never had a starter problem. Thought of buying a spare as I'm not too keen on the kick starter on the wrong side. Mine starts like a fuel injected car, tap the starter and she fires up, no cranking. You'll get the AP feel figured out.

If sounds like the one way bearing.

One way bearing

Never had a starter problem. Thought of buying a spare as I'm not too keen on the kick starter on the wrong side. Mine starts like a fuel injected car, tap the starter and she fires up, no cranking. You'll get the AP feel figured out.

If sounds like the one way bearing.
I looked into it and I think you are correct, I'm going to try that route. Watched a couple utube videos (instant expert lol), and it looks like it may be the sprag spring, if the video is correct I am going to get the replacement spring from a wheel seal, cr 50x72x8 hmsa10, blind luck if it works out and a fix that should cost around 20 for the spring delivered and another 25 for the flywheel pulling tool. I will let you know if it works out in a week or so when the pieces make it here for me to install. In the meantime I'm looking for a headlight setup to light up the night. Any suggestions anyone? I'll be searching old threads for that too...

Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel, I'm brand new around here. I ride all kinds of things, but I primarily race sport bikes with WERA West. I picked up this 2005 KTM 450 MXC last year and can't wait to converter her to a SM! I will be using it as a tool mostly to cross-train for racing. I have all kinds of questions about how to convert it lol, so will be poking around here quite a bit. Do you have any recommendations for where I should start?

Thanks!

Hi all,

My name is Mike, I'm from upstate NY. New to the super Moto game, but have been riding on 2,3 and 4 wheels for 20 years. Picked up a street legal cr500 frame over the summer. Plan to convert my 92' cr500 over. Other street rides are a plated xr650r, zrx1200r and a almost done Rz 350. Have a bunch of other dirtbikes, quads etc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Greetings from Costa Rica

Hi, my name is Cristian MartĂ­nez, i'm from Costa Rica and I love to ride my motorcicle. I have a WR450 2017, before it I had a WR450 2008.

I have more than 20 years of riding motorcycles. Will be a pleasure to share with you all.

Photo of a friend and me in Santa Ana, San José, Costa Rica.

Attachments

Welcome.
We all love bikes here.

Interestingly, because Supermoto is relatively new, most of us ride/rode other styles as well.
I’m personally interested in everything except cruisers.
Hope to race (slowly and in vets class when available) modern road race, classic road race, Supermoto and MX this year (New Years resolution.)

new member intro

Hello my fellow tards,
my name is barron.
i live in san diego.
member of a local club called san diego supermoto.we have friends all over the world.
im new to this awesome site but not new to ,motorcycles.
before i got hooked on supermoto,
i started out on a honda ct 70 and over many years different bikes all the way up to the honda vtr 1000.cruisers,dirt bikes xl 650,klr 650
and then i saw a 2016 Suzuki drz400sm.OMG.it was so much slimmer then my beastly klr.100 lbs lighter.
so i made the plunge in 2017 and never looked back..the drz had my knees to high so i bought my dream bike.
a 2017 husqvarna fe 501 supermoto..its 65 lbs lighter then my drz..im in love with this bike.like i need therapy.
thank you for letting me introduce my self

Attachments

Hello my fellow tards,
my name is barron.
i live in san diego.
member of a local club called san diego supermoto.we have friends all over the world.
im new to this awesome site but not new to ,motorcycles.
before i got hooked on supermoto,
i started out on a honda ct 70 and over many years different bikes all the way up to the honda vtr 1000.cruisers,dirt bikes xl 650,klr 650
and then i saw a 2016 Suzuki drz400sm.OMG.it was so much slimmer then my beastly klr.100 lbs lighter.
so i made the plunge in 2017 and never looked back..the drz had my knees to high so i bought my dream bike.
a 2017 husqvarna fe 501 supermoto..its 65 lbs lighter then my drz..im in love with this bike.like i need therapy.
thank you for letting me introduce my self
Welcome friend.
Wicked awesome bike. Man that's looks good.
Great forum just don't ask any questions about break in engine oil. Some retard and yes I did not mean tard but really retard will tear you a new one.
Seems like every forum has a few judge and jury members that think that certain questions should not be asked.

501 Street legal??

New on Here

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

New to supermotos not to bikes. Ive been riding since high school, owned multiple GSX-r's, a TLR1000, Harley Softail with 17 inch apes:D, and a Harley Ultra Classic with 13 inch apes. So when it comes to bikes I'm all over the damn place. I recently bought a 2011 Husqvarna SMS630 which brings me to this awesome place. I already made my first post to ask a question and it was immediately answered and gave me a resource I will be able to use for life. I am an Active Duty Marine stationed in MD but hail from the great state of FLORIDA!!! Thank you for letting me join the crew.

-Nick

Hello from Wisconsin. I've been riding dirt bikes, atvs and snowmobiles and now got into the street legal bike. Added a KTM 690 enduro R to my fleet of toys. Planning on adding some SM wheels n tires to it and maybe some other fun stuff.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Hi my name is pat I am from Connecticut,USA. I just picked up a 04xr250 that I have been riding a whole lot. There aren't very any people around me that ride anymore nvm supermoto. Thanks everybody for help and info in advance. I have been on this forum a lot lately but just decided to member up because just reading thru quick it is a huge book of knowledge on everything bike related. Hope to get to know a lot of you see you in the threads!!!

Hi!

Hey! My name is Krys from the Middletown CT area, not new to riding but I just finished my three-year long project of a 2000 KTM 520 EXC. I've been using this forum for a while to get ideas and some helpful information.

Always looking for people to ride with, send me a message!

Attachments

Hi junkies.
I was on here like 7-10 years ago.
Went back to road racing for a bit, and now I'm back.
Local to Portland Oregon with 2 great tracks nearby (Pat's Acres & Mac Track).
I'm in the middle of setting up my 15 yz450f for myself. I also have 2 boys at home 16/14 that have bikes to go out and join me(the reason I decided to go back to supermoto was R.R. is crazy expensive) since it's much cheaper.
16 yr old has a CRF150R EXPERT(with a full supermoto setup) already, and the 14 yr old has a ttr125L with dual sport tires.
They will probably just ride and track day practice. Me too with some racing thrown in. I'm trying NOT to get too caught up in full race mode and just ride and have fun. Plus I'm almost 48 now and nursing a snapped Achilles tendon.
Kinda sick of injuries at this point(so why go supermoto again?) ya gotta do what makes you happy, or......... you won't be happy!
Look forward to chatting with yall.
Later
KBONE

Hey, Hey

Hello,

Bert is the name, new member, old guy :) from Belgium

Bike history:

Kawasaki Zephyr 550
Ducati SSC 750
Yamaha SZR 660
Yamaha XR 1300
Buell XB9S
KTM Superduke 990
KTM SMCR 690
HUSQVARNA 701SM

New to SuperMotoJunkie

Hi everyone,
New to the site. I've been riding for a long time... My older brother and I had Briggs & Stratton mini-bikes starting over 50 years ago. Since then, lots of bikes (XL 185, Honda 400 Four, CM350, KDX200, KX250, V Star 1100, Harley conversion - Sotftail to bobber, Street Glide) along with a few bumps and bruises trying to master doubles / triples on dirt. I had to hang up the motocross thing a few years ago due to a bit of a knee thing (haha).

My son and I still have his first KX80 (1998). We restored it a few years ago, just cuz! That gave us the bug to find something else to work on; so a little while ago we found a 2003 KLX 400R in a barn - true story - bird's nest in the air box, would crank but not start, etc. We've spent the last few months getting it street ready. A picture is attached. We've learned a lot about this bike. The fact that it's actually a DRZ 400E in Kawa colors.

That's the reason I joined Super Moto Junkie. We are having issues getting it licensed since the VIN shows that it's actually a Suzuki but it has Kawasaki on the title. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Scott

Attachments

981 - 1,000 of 1,038 Posts