SuperMoto Junkie banner
961 - 980 of 1,038 Posts
The old and the noob

Just bought a 2006 KTM625 SMC, I stopped by to search old threads and look for new ideas on how to improve my "new" ride. It's great to have a resource such as this, my first order of business will be to find the bigger tank and seat mod threads, after that I'd like to find a set of tires/rims for very light dirt roading to have around, after that, well, I guess I'll search until I find that too. Definitely need ideas on a better headlight setup. Bob, Northern Cali....."Real North", like 15 miles from the Oregon border, retired, hunt, fish, ride, rinse, repeat...

Just bought a 2006 KTM625 SMC, I stopped by to search old threads and look for new ideas on how to improve my "new" ride. It's great to have a resource such as this, my first order of business will be to find the bigger tank and seat mod threads, after that I'd like to find a set of tires/rims for very light dirt roading to have around, after that, well, I guess I'll search until I find that too. Definitely need ideas on a better headlight setup. Bob, Northern Cali....."Real North", like 15 miles from the Oregon border, retired, hunt, fish, ride, rinse, repeat...
Welcome to the forum Bgoody2000. I like your choice of rides. I have the small, medium and large tank. The medium one is my go to tank.

Do post pics when you get a chance. :thumbup:

Greetings on a Husky

New rider. Got a '06 HuskySM610. Located in DC/Northern Virginia. :anim_peep:

inadvertently exploring this bike inside and out. wanted something versatile that I would grow into.

hip hip hurrah

cheers to adventure.

Welcome to the forum Bgoody2000. I like your choice of rides. I have the small, medium and large tank. The medium one is my go to tank.

Do post pics when you get a chance. :thumbup:
I'll try to post a pic sometime, meanwhile, I am having some trouble locating a bigger (11 or 18liter) tank and have Chip at Munn Racing working on it, any suggestions out there? also I did find an 18 liter tank (maybe) part #58407013400 is this the correct tank? and if so what seat will work, wow, probably the wrong place to be asking these questions but would like to get to the answer sooner. Thanks for any help.

The 11 liter tank is 584 070 13 300, the seat is 586 070 40 000, the 18 liter tank is 584 07 013 200. Some tanks are made for our smog equipment. If you remove the smog crap the European tanks fit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bgoody2000, sorry for the late response. Forgot to hit the send button. I got my 11/12 liter off of eBay, with a quick peek yesterday I only say a 660 tank, small. There is 2 that pop up here on CL, 18L. With the larger tanks you'll need a locking gas cap, $$$. :headshake

May have one???

Bgoody2000, sorry for the late response. Forgot to hit the send button. I got my 11/12 liter off of eBay, with a quick peek yesterday I only say a 660 tank, small. There is 2 that pop up here on CL, 18L. With the larger tanks you'll need a locking gas cap, $$$. :headshake
I bought this one off ebay it's on the way. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-KTM-64...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Only the 11 liter and I will need a cap but it's a start.......if it fits with my stock seat...

Where on craigslist...

So I snooped your profile but couldn't find out where you are to check the craigslist listings, any help?, I see the 18 liter on ktmtwins website 395$$$

No it will not fit with your stock seat. Your's is uncut and the 11/18 are circumcised. You can wrestle it to fit, maybe, the "bolt" embedded into the tank is s ever so slightly in a different locale. One you can notch the receiving slot deeper, but the seat lines don't line up and then the front of the seat is loose. A new seat is cheap from the dealer, I paid around 100 IIRC.

No it will not fit with your stock seat. Your's is uncut and the 11/18 are circumcised. You can wrestle it to fit, maybe, the "bolt" embedded into the tank is s ever so slightly in a different locale. One you can notch the receiving slot deeper, but the seat lines don't line up and then the front of the seat is loose. A new seat is cheap from the dealer, I paid around 100 IIRC.[/QUOTE
I. Am trying to post a pic of my new bike, hope it works....nope....hmmmm will try again from photo bucket, it posted my whole album....ugh

[/URL]

961 - 980 of 1,038 Posts