SuperMoto Junkie banner
941 - 960 of 1,038 Posts
Hey guys names Rob. From Nj.
Been riding about 15 years. Had bikes and quads, did the street bike thing for a while. Now I traded off my last street bike for a 2014 rmz 450. Looking to get into supermoto. Track only.
Streets are done with for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Just picked up my first SM a Husy SMR 511

Hi all, I'm from Manchester UK and have just bought my first SM. background is MX but soon got into sports bikes but continues with the dirt and still ride Enduros. I haven't done any riding for 12 months but haven't stopped thinking about it. I have a 2015 KTM 250 EXC 2T Factory Edition with only 30 hours since I got it at Easter 15. Also a ZX9r streetfighter highly customised and as of tonight a late 2012 husky SMR 511 with a few mods.
Roll on the summer.......

Hey all,

Im living in South Korea and have been riding for about 4 years, so, still a relative newb. My first bike was a Hyosung rx 125 sm; id always wanted a supermoto style bike and the rx was a great intro bike, especially since, being a Korean make, parts and maintenance were really cheap. I then bought a 99' Honda CB400 SF vtec 1. Great bike; very smooth riding, and past 7400 rpms the vtec kicks in and knocks you back in your seat. However, it had quite a few maintenance issues, so ive recently opted to go back to my love for supermotos. I purchased a 07' KTM 690 SM Prestige off another memeber of this group.
So, im gunna be looking through here for advice etc from time to time~

Sent from my SHV-E330S using Tapatalk

Newbie here!!

What's up guys, names Stephen!

A little about me, 26 from the dirty south of MS. Been riding bike now for around 7 years I guess. I've had everything from a Honda shadow 750 (weak :rolleyes2: sauce) to a Triumph Thunderbird Storm 1600, I'm currently on a 2016 Suzuki GSX-R 1000. Plan is to trade the gsxr in this week and get me a Sumo of some sort :bannana: Won't lie I'm leaning hard towards the 2017 KTM 690 SMC R.
Anywho thanks for having me here! I'm sure I'll be asking several dumb questions in the next few days :rolleyes2:

Le gixxer:thumbup:

Attachments

New to Supermoto

Bill form S/E Michigan, old guy (57) mostly street for the past 40 years, lots and lots of bikes over that time.
Found this thing and said "I've never owned one of these before".
Love it so far.

Attachments

Looks amazing. Is it really a BMW??
Whats size engine is it and or model??
Thx BMWBILL
Lol, yes it's really a BMW. It's a 2009 G450X, the best I can gather is it's a conversion, wheels and tires aftermarket, exhaust, bark busters, rev counter and possibly rear sprocket are all upgrades. I found it at a Victory-Indian dealer with only 450 miles on it.

Lol, yes it's really a BMW. It's a 2009 G450X, the best I can gather is it's a conversion, wheels and tires aftermarket, exhaust, bark busters, rev counter and possibly rear sprocket are all upgrades. I found it at a Victory-Indian dealer with only 450 miles on it.
Great find. Good on you for that. I gotta start hanging out at my Victory/Indian dealer. LOL

New here!

Hey all! My name is Jason, and I am from Brunei, somewhere far away from the United States! I have always been wanting a supermoto but due to supermotos/dirt bikes being SOOOOO damn rare in my country, i recently got another bike instead (CBR600RR). first bike was a Yamaha R25 which was last year. a friend of mine just contacted me that he is looking to sell his WR250X which I was surprised. So now I am researching about that bike if it is a good supermoto. So this is how I join this forum. Hope to learn alot from this forum! thanks all!

New to supermoto

Hey everyone. My name is Dave, originally from CT, lived in the DC area for about 7 years, now I live in Germany. I grew up riding dirt bikes, and raced motocross through high school. I joined the Air Force about 8 months out of high school, so my racing ended there. Had a YZF-R6 for a couple years while I was in the DC area. Sold that, realized how much I missed dirt bikes, and bought a WR450F supermoto about a year ago. Still new to the sumo world, and this seems like an awesome place to get started!

Hey everyone. My name is Dave, originally from CT, lived in the DC area for about 7 years, now I live in Germany. I grew up riding dirt bikes, and raced motocross through high school. I joined the Air Force about 8 months out of high school, so my racing ended there. Had a YZF-R6 for a couple years while I was in the DC area. Sold that, realized how much I missed dirt bikes, and bought a WR450F supermoto about a year ago. Still new to the sumo world, and this seems like an awesome place to get started!
From Canada welcome.
Very new to me as well.
Looked at your new purchase but it plateable here.
Great quality great bike.
This forum seems to be very different than the pure sports bike forum.
Less ego, exaggerated fishing stories and a little more down to earth IMHO.
I was on another forum where everyone was trying to add more power to 160hp bikes..
To be honest only a very small percentage of riders can handle or know what to do with 160. I sure didn't.
Sumo world, more fun at lower speeds.
You can really push he bike without being at Mach 3.
Anyways that me.
Enjoy

New ktm690smcr rider

Hi all just got a 690smcr having great fun on it,so thought I'd join the forum to find out a bit more about the scene. Been riding for over 20 years now different types of bikes. Looking forward to joining a helpful forum.

Hi all just got a 690smcr having great fun on it,so thought I'd join the forum to find out a bit more about the scene. Been riding for over 20 years now different types of bikes. Looking forward to joining a helpful forum.
I guess I'm the welcoming committee for now, so welcome.
Great bike you have there. Not available to us in Canada so went with the Husky 701.
Enjoy
Ps where's home???

Hello lady's and gents, my name is Juan I'm located on north jersey and I'm happy to say that I pick up my first SM last night I can't wait to ride the bike 08 husky te450 with some goodies, needs lots of maintenance but over all is a good bike, I never own a SM so I'll be doing a lot of searching and asking stupid questions please be patience lol thanks

Hi Pete. I'm from Bristol England. How come you can't get the 690 in Canada?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don't know. We have the 690 enduro r but the SMC has been off the market for a few years now.
Almost bought the 690 r converted into an smcr basically but opted for the 2017 Husky 701 sm.
just made more sense as I don't off road much.
701 I felt was more street oriented with the new 690 duke motor, 2nd counter balance for vibration reduction and a few more ponies to boot.
Not crazy about the Husky color but nothing a new seat and wrap option won't fix.
Cheers

941 - 960 of 1,038 Posts