SuperMoto Junkie banner
41 - 60 of 1034 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
wasup

Hey, Name is John and I live in spring TX. Been tearing up the streets and back roads hooligan style for a couple decades now and its good to see so many other fans of the motard. this is going to be a great place to clean out my storage, So that I can fill it up again. I ride an XR650R among others but she is my favorite. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Welcome to SMJ everyone and thanks for stopping in to introduce yourselves!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi every buddy!!! My name is Jordan and i am new to the SM thing but its getting me really excited:thumbup:. I'm 20 and i live in Utah my first two wheeler was a Honda Ruckus:lol: and i wish i would have read the first time buyers thread on here first because i got plowed:nutkick: i rode that for a year and moved up to the bike i have now which is the Honda XR650L and its been great but i want something faster you all know how the L is, Its got torque but its not fast by any means. But anyways i saw a XR650R on ebay that was all SM'ed out and i started to look into it a little and i can tell supermoto its for me! I'm really glad i found this site and i plan on building a XR650R sumo soon if i cant find one i want already sumo'ed.

:thumbup:Thanks JordanXR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, name is jon, new to the site, considering a street supermoto as next bike. I'm middle aged, been riding since I was a kid, mostly street bikes. Felt I was in a rut so I bought a couple of trials bikes a few years back to get into dirt biking. Enjoyed it, so a couple of 2 smokes followed, then a big 4 stroke. The KTM EXC530 (currently on eBay) is not very street-able and way too much for this skinny old man in the dirt.

Now looking for a street oriented thumper with a little more comfort and practicality but still nimble and gutsy like a big dirt bike. A milder state of tune and less intensive maintenance is a must as well. Currently considering a KTM 625 SMC from about 2004-2007 as about the best value for money. I don't want a race bike but I don't want to lug around 50 lbs of comfort or style either. Advice and opinions welcome. thanks...jon

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm Jacob Parker,
I'm 16, I've been around engines my whole and built my first engine when I was 13 with my dad. I've raced karts in the past, but we went broke and had to leave that behind.I'm looking to get a job soon and hopefully get into supermoto with my current 2000 XR100.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my name is Pritvi, i am 38 and live in Bangalore - India. I have been riding motorbikes for many years now. I curently own a Honda cbr1000rr '06 and a Husqvarna SM610 '09. I do a lot of road riding and a lot less of riding on a track, 'cause we dont have too many around in my country. I have cut down riding on my Honda cbr1000 now, as it was just getting way too dangerous on our freeways :), where very few people follow the traffic rules and also we were doing insane speeds. I ride my Husky more often now and I just did an interesting road trip over 15 days through the Himalayas with a bunch of friends. 6 of us had Huskys. I am trying to find more ways to use my husky here in india :). Thanks - Pritvi

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys!
I'm Sake and living in the Netherlands, and i love supermoto's
I'm only 16, so i can't ride a real supermoto yet, need to wait 1 and a half year, then i finally can ride one :D
I'm now riding on a Aprilia sx50, goes around 100 km/h.

And if my english sucks, i'm sorry :lol:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
:welcome: to SMJ!

No worries about your English, it sounds fine. Your bike is very cool and I did not even know they existed. Looks like it would be a blast to ride!

·
Registered
17 Posts

one question, you don't see it good on the photo, but the front fender is (i think) just too big for my moped, looks like they've taken it off an sxv and put it on mine :lol: anyone know's some good looking fenders for mine?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Ya,ll from Kentucky.My name is Mike and I got a good deal on a 04 Ktm 450 SMR.Now what to do with it?I'm 50 and been riding mostly dirt since a kid.Current bikes are XR 650R that is tricked out and has been my favorite for the past 4 yrs.Recently built a GNCC YZ 250 two smoker(can't wait to ride it).I live 10 miles from Turkey Bay ORV Park in Land Between the lakes(dirt bike heaven) but would like to put together a bike for the narrow twisties down here.Thought this might be a good start to get into the whole asphalt thing.Look forward to chattin with ya,ll.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
My name is john. I live in Phoenix so i ride all year! Currently ride a TL1000R, looking to get a moto with income tax. Been lurking and reading on a few sites to find out the pros and cons of a few bikes. Looking forward to chat with you all.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Welcome to SMJ John! We can do more than chat. Hit me up and we'll go ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
old guy just getting into super moto

I'm almost 60 and have been riding for decades. I currently ride an '09 Honda CBR 1000 With ABS. My previous bike was a Suzuki Bandit 1250. Had an '05 Honda 250 CRF until recently and have spent lots of time riding dirtbikes. I ride mc's for one reason only - acceleration. I'm not a top end speed guy and rarely go over 65. But my thing is getting from 30 or so to 65 or so as quickly as possible. I'm from WV, so I love the twisties, too. A friend recently turned me on to super moto and told me that if I want acceleration instead of top end speed, this is the way to go. I've never ridden one or been around guys who do, so I don't know much at this point. I live in the Columbus, Ohio area and would appreciate some feedback from those of you who know this kind of bike well.

·
Registered
846 Posts
New B to Sumo but not two wheels, looking fwd to meet some of the peeps here.

For Big Track and Canyon: 05 Ducati 749s
For Kart track ( Adams, Grange, Fontana ): 05 CRF250r

41 - 60 of 1034 Posts