SuperMoto Junkie banner
21 - 40 of 1034 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys, im Riaan from south africa, and i work for a BMW Dealership in pretoria, just bought my BMW G450X and going to turn it into a SM, but find it hard as there arn't a lot of wheels and hubs yet for this bike, so it seems i would have to import most myself. Any idee's on where to get the best prices??

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
"Remember, this spot is for your introduction and NOT the best place for your first questions, we have just met you."

So..., all we know about you now is you have just acquired a DR650 and you don't pay much attention to the first post in a thread. How about telling us a little more about yourself?

Yes, from the way you describe it (without a picture) it is most likely a pigtail that stays hooked to the battery for easy access when you want to trickle charge it. The previous owner evidently did not unhook the pigtail and you ended up with it. Unfortunately the missing "part" is the Deltran Battery Tender itself with a long length of cord that has the male plug. They are available at your friendly dealership, Cycle Gear (or other accessory shops) and on the internet (Google "Deltran Battery Tender"). As it is the business end of the system it's going to cost you about $35 (depending on where you chose to purchase) to make the pigtail you have worth anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry about that, new to the whole blog thing. Thanks for the input. Guess i need to figure out how the "threads" work... Seems that there is certain pages for specific riders then more specific questions? Looking forward to getting the dr650 on the road a lot. hopefully the local CMA chapter will be a good start. rode dirt for many years then in college bought a gpz750. the DR is where it is at, both the fun of a dirt bike while being legal on the road...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Sorry about that, new to the whole blog thing. Thanks for the input. Guess i need to figure out how the "threads" work...
No worries. :thumbup: When you have some spare time (We all have loads of that right?) just cruise through all the separate sections to see what's up and how they work.

Seems that there is certain pages for specific riders then more specific questions?
Absolutely and after a little while looking around on the board it gets easier. You'll know where to go or post for your specific needs, interests and concerns. Pretty soon you'll be the guy answering questions for others about the stuff you've researched or experienced.

Looking forward to getting the dr650 on the road a lot. hopefully the local CMA chapter will be a good start. rode dirt for many years then in college bought a gpz750. the DR is where it is at, both the fun of a dirt bike while being legal on the road...
See, you're getting it already. That there's a right proper intro. Welcome to SMJ!

CMA? Christian Motorcyclists Association? Where would your local chapter happen to be?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hello. My name is Jeremy, and I am from Nova Scotia, Canada, and I have been bitten by the SM bug! I'm 23, and I have been riding for 2 seasons on an 06 gsxr 600, but today I just confirmed that I am trading it for a 2005 525 smr! I just started doing track days this year, and I have owned an 06 gsxr 600, a 2003 gsxr 600 and a 2001 r1, so this will be my first thumper, and first sumo!
I have read a few things on smj about this particular model smr, that I otherwise would have never known, so I would like to thank all of you knowledgable people for helping me make my decision!:bowdown: I am pretty upset at the moment though. My 06 was the first bike I ever rode, and I put alot of time and money into making it what it is, but I believe this is the right choice to make.
I will be making it street legal, and going to as many track days as money will allow. We only have a road race course here, so no real sumo racing, but I would love to try out jumping or riding stairs, and going all kinds of places sportbikes can't go.:arsenal
I'll have 100000 questions, I'm sure, so I look forward to using the search function! :thumbup:
Here is a pick of both the bikes. The gixxer is cherry, and went with new race skins, and the ktm is beat to hell and comes with the extra wheels, 2 sets of tires, tire warmers, freshly rebuilt engine with pins welded and ball bearings, new 540 kit and some battle wounds!
Thanks for having me on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Welcome aboard J-Seekz. Properly sized pictures, personal facts, excellent use of emoticons and willing to use the search button. Great introduction!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. My name is Rufus. I live in Brooklyn, NY. Last Saturday I traded my 06 Harley Heritage Softail for a 09 KTM 530EXC to ride in the trails. It came with the Ready to Race Kit with black FMF exhaust and gold anodized header. I just came across this site and after reading a thread, I had to join. I had no plans of changing the tires but after riding tonight on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway on grooved pavement with brand new knobs, I threw in the towel to use the bike as a commuter. But lo and behold, I can covert this beast into a supermoto....I am freakin stoked.....this site is brilliant...thanks everyone...

Btw, in the last two years, I went from a XR600R with blinkers to a Moto Guzzi V11 Sport to the Harley and now to the KTM.....I am really happy with this bike so far and look forward to posting the conversion...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It's gonna look sweet with 17s on it. It will also be so much fun it will feel illegal on the road! Be sure to shoot us some pics when you get it converted.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi, my name is Sean. I am in North Central Jersey. I have been riding for about 15 years but just got my first dirt bike- a 98 Honda XR400. It is a blast. I am looking forward to getting it set up for sm and hitting the track.:thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello guys and girls checkin in from Cbus, Oh. My lil brothers and I have been riding MCs for as long as we can remember. We have been interested in getting a few mini sumos for the local kart tracks for sometime now and because the sumo bug is spreading quicker than H1N1 here in cbus there is no better time than now to get things rolling for next season.

Great site so far, lots of helpful info and good looking minis for sale.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello all, I'm George from Uniontown, Pennsylvania. I'm new to bikes, I just turned 38 and got a used DRZ about a month ago. Got a killer deal on a low mileage mint 06. I took the basic rider course here in PA and have been puttting on as many miles as work and weather will allow. First, I have to say I shoulda got a motorcycle a loooooong time ago. It is the most liberating thing I have ever done. The feeling is unmatched. Second, I don't think I coulda made a better decision about a first bike by getting a supermoto. This thing reads your mind in the handling department. And I live in a mountain area with tons of twisties. Anyway, nice to be here and I plan to learn a lot. :D Oh, and I could post a pic of my bone stock black DRZ but we all know what that looks like....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello, My name is Damien and im from the wooded lil town of acton,maine.
Ive been on two wheels for awhile always around bikes as a kid and getting my first gas powered at 12... a 1969 yami 250DT. big heavy and fast for a 12 yr old to throw around. Then i was hooked. Bought my first motorcycle about 7 years ago and still have it, its a 1999 suzuki TL1000S. Amazing torque. Been improving every year i feel as a rider and have ridden numerous bikes in my life time even before I had a lic to do so. Im lookin at getting into the sumo scene and sharing my experiences with everyone here. thanks alot and remember to keep it rubber side down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suzuki Drz 400 SM you cant go wrong

Hello,
I'm Jeff Scott. I would say for about 3 years I've had a desire to buy a motorcycle for quite some time now. Now that I'm cruising at 30 years old I don't believe my scooter is adequate as my only motorized 2 wheel transportation. I'm joining this forum to hopefully learn a little and maybe find some people locally (Denver, CO) to ride with. I haven't purchased my motorcycle yet, so I'm looking for recommendations.
CONSDER A NEW OR USED SUZUKI DRZ 400 SUPERMOTO,THERE BEAUTIFUL,EASY 2 RIDE,AFFORDABLE,LOADS OF FUN,AND I LIKE 2 CALL THE ENGINES BULLETPROOF! YOU CANT GO WRONG,ASK ANYONE WHO HAS ONE,LOTS OWN ONE AND LOTS OWN MORE THAN ONE.REPLYS WELCOME?FROM SUPERMOTARD777.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there

Hey everyone. I'm new to the site. Just signed up this evening. Been riding motorcycles for about 10 years. Had a CR80, CBR600RR, still have a CRF450R, a GS650G and now a DRZ400sm. I love bike bikes and I've been bite by the supermoto bug. Second day on the bike I ran with one of my sportbike friends up Palomar and took him in all the tight corners. With all this handling I could get used to the less power... or maybe a BB/Stroker is on the way. So far here is a list of the boltons: Clark 3.9, Zeta levers, Moose SS brake line, EBC pads, TT case savers and skidplate, Edge tail light kit and LED's, XPC seat, DRC pegs, Full yosh RS-2, MCCT, K&N, ContiForce SM's and I just got the word that they are finished with the respring and revalve at RG3. Now I just got to save for the Carb. I might wait a year or so to tear into the engine.

Here is the only DRZ PIC so far. I'll try to get some more soon.:thumbup:

Oh yeah, and a few of the CRF. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to Supermoto

Well I just bought a 2006 KTM 450 SMR from Dave in Aspen (SMJ member). It has a slipper clutch, FMF exhaust, modified suspension, and has been made street legal with a Vancouver Supermoto light kit. Took it for a canyon ride today with a couple friends. This thing hauls! Hoping to get pretty confident on it by spring time then take the Total Control class and start doing track days with it.
Don
Fort Collins, CO

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Upload your photos somewhere else like photobucket or whatever. Then copy the direct link to the location of the photo. Select "Go Advanced" below the text entry box where you reply to threads in. You'll see a toolbar at the top. Click the button that has a little color picture on it. A pop-up window will pop-up where you paste the URL for the image. Click ok or hit return, and the

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all

firstly this is being typed for me as i had a brain haemorage when i was 18 and reading/writing was shot to hell!! my favourite saying "shit happens", any way after recovering and getting my D/licence back bought a CCM SM 125 and got thru my CBT 2 weeks ago love riding it and have clocked up 650miles allready,

found this forum when i was doing a bit of research for my ccm exaust mods and derestricting etc will be asking ?'s in the apropriate places later

just so ya know all typing and reading will be done by my Dad, he rides a Honda Blackbird, yeah i know a old mans bike (his name is Tony)

well thats enough about me Yelloo to all

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all my name is Scott i`m 36 and i`m an alchoholic.........
oh sorry wrong forum
hey all i`m Scott 36 east coast of UK, had an XT350 which got plenty of use then had a ZXR750L1 which didnt get ne thig like as much use so i wanted somethin fun but more useable and i`m a bit of a loon :arsenal and can`t afford tyres in pairs so a supermoto seemed the logical choice lol
now into my 3rd week on my KTM 660 SMC and now i`ve got the hang of the kickstart i love it :D

21 - 40 of 1034 Posts