SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts

here is my xr650l. i bought it last may bonestock with .8 miles on it. i can't really say much i guess because since these pictures i have new forks (still waiting on triples from the machinist :arsenal) the only "stock" items left are motor and tranny, and the frame now. but i love it to death and it was worth every penny.

·
Registered
427 Posts

That dual exhuast :cheers:
How does the xr feel in power and highway commute I was bent on one for a while but I kinda fell off the bandwagon for reasons unknown :headscrat
thank you!!
powerwise, you aren't exactly winnin competitions there. but i have rode drz's before, and it has more than them for sure. it has a lot of low end torque, it kinda falls off in the higher rev's. with the fcr carb matched up to that very free flowing exhaust it is a very smooth power. the biggest thing for me is i put 6000 miles on last year and all i had to do was change oil and check valves (which didn't move from factory spec's at all) i haven't rode with the new forks yet but i am certain that they are going to improve handling on this PIG. i will say that at 60 you can stand up on the seat and ride a wheelie out all day long :D ask me how i know

·
Registered
427 Posts
hey now!!! i rock a yz 85 yet, im 22 and 220 pounds. great beater bike. picked it up for 400 and it's great for cruising to the neighbors and whatnot. plus if i wanna get some, all you gotta do is teacha girl how to ride. take the big bike and 85 out. chicks love it. but yes here's photo proof it's all in technique with the wheelies.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i'd keep it but that's just me. i got 5-6 friends that all have mid-size bikes, 85's and 125 4 strokes/ crf 150's we have 4-5 tracks we have built in the area with 20-25 foot jumps and whatnot. they are a blast to go rip up after work at night and so-on so that's the main reason i would keep it. we have way too much fun on them. but then again i'm one of them guy's that sells nothing and buys more lol. 3 snowmobiles the 85 the 650, lookin at a cr250 this weekend. a car and a truck and a 4x4 quad. my insurance sucks to be honest but then again. i have most every toy a guy would want. although with the money i have into them i could have had a decent down payment on a house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts