SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just joined the forum. I am in Davis, CA. A month ago I sold my Honda 919 and bought stock 2002 XR650L. It came with pretty tired Avon gripsters. I had a blast on the parking lot with them brake-sliding the rear. However, after I put knobbies I realized I might need another set of wheels to have the best of both worlds .. So I am here.. What are the cheapest options to get supermoto wheels for XR650L ? Thanks!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
:welcome: Well if you mean 17 inch wheels than i have no clue but if you are just looking for some urban hooliganism than i suggest doing what i did to my pig, Use the stock wheels and just get some Pirelli MT-90's. They are great for the price and are lasting a lot longer than i thought, i believe it was $270 installed on the stock rims. Its the CHEAPEST way and i still would prefer the 17's on my bike but i just don't have the money.
You could also get some wheels and lace them up to the stock hubs, that is what i plan on doing, its much cheaper than buying a whole wheel set but then you wont have both worlds...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ! I am actually looking for some wheels to recycle the hubs and save my stock set .. will the hub from XL wheel DID 1.6x 21" fit XR650L ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts