SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I bought 2014 klx450r with sm setup a few weeks ago. It had 21xx kilometers on it. Previous owner had left it in the garage almost 1 and half year. It was running rough when i got it. Left it to mechanic but still has issues.
Anyways, I rode it to work a few times and it still needs carby adjusted.
My plan is to clean the bike and polish here and there, change headlight, plastics and fit aftermarket taillight number plate holder.
I am going to need some help here just so you know. I don't wantbto pay another $700 for carby cleaning to mechanic.
I worked on my old 2 stroke scooters as well as 4 stroke scooters long time ago... Had klr650 and made about 40k on it in 2 months while traveling in Oz a few years back. Did some carby and airbox mods. Now getting old and looking for something to have little fun and kill sometime in garage again. By the way, the first sm I rode was xt660x in 2007 and had it for almost 2 and half year.
I will end this with a photo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice! Old is a matter of opinion...? get the .pdf version of the owners manual if you dont have a hard copy. look up its service interval.. Id start there with a fuel filter replacement, spark plug, while you have the fuel tank check for any junk in the tank and associated lines..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts