SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new to this website but I'm not new to riding. My name is Cecil and I am a 25lb Rat Terrier. My owner - John - rescued me from a kill shelter in Ohio where I only had 1 day left to live and now riding is one of my favorite activities. I have been riding for over 5 years and 50k+ miles and I have over 20k miles on our Aprilia Dorsoduro 750. We also have an FZ-09 but prefer the Aprilia in the tight twisties. On the Aprilia I am known as the "paw dragger" and on the fz-09 I'm known as the "rocket dog".

I may be a dog but that does not mean that I am slow and I'm always looking for others (canine or human) with whom to ride. I am NOT a "cruiser dog" and my tires have no chicken strips whatsoever (you humans that describe slow things as "dogs" really need to get your heads out of your butts). Actually I am quite impatient and I will bark at cars on the freeway if they are slowing me down! Thank god California permits lane splitting otherwise I would probably burst an aneurysm!!! I really like to let loose in the canyons and I devour rear tires in about 600 miles and front tires in about 1200 miles of canyon riding.

I have the latest in technology, most of which was designed by my best friend. My custom padded carrier is bolted to the frame in 4 places where I am restrained in a sitting position by a custom 4 point harness. I wear a custom armored spine protector except in extreme heat when I wear my evaporative cooling vest. I also always wear my goggles for eye protection. My companion also made me a custom helmet, however I think helmets suck and I REFUSE to wear it. He tried to force me however I paw off my goggles whenever he puts it on me so he eventually got the message and gave up. :)

My favorite roads are Glendora Mountain/Ridge Road, Latigo Canyon, San Gabriel Canyon, Angels Crest Highway, Palomar, Mesa Grande, etc with a preference for relentless and tight switchbacks and decreasing radius tire shredding corners. I would love to do a track day but so far everyone has told me that dogs aren't allowed to ride on the track. :( I think they're just scared of my mad canine riding skills!

Anyway I hope to see some of you out there riding. *wags tail*

Cecil

:needpics:

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
Coolest thing I've seen this week! haha. I wish I could bring my pup with, but I'd need a sidecar. Sadly he's 120lbs. Rock on.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Cool. When I was a kid I used to have my dog ride with me.
I strapped a chunk of thick carpet to the gas tank and he stood on it between my legs.
He was also quite the enthusiast about it all - obvious how much he enjoyed it
One day, I crashed heavily while riding singletrack and watched him ragdoll about 20 yards.
Felt really bad, but he was eager to jump back on and get back at it.
Hope you have better luck
rock on

·
Registered
571 Posts
Back in the 1970s, there was a guy who used to desert race with his dog standing on carpet on the gas tank....that's where I got the inspiration

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Back in the 1970s, there was a guy who used to desert race with his dog standing on carpet on the gas tank....that's where I got the inspiration
That's cool. :) I heard stories of a guy that used to race baja with his dog but I haven't found anything on him yet. My driver doesn't push too much though, he has over 250k miles over 30+ years of riding and no accidents yet - although he has saved quite a few with his feet and his wits. Actually the fz-09 box is the more recent revision with soft scooter saddlebags with internal support attached to the sides of the box to help protect me in case of a lowside. I would like to incorporate a roll cage and removable sunshade into the 5th revision, but he'll probably need to learn how to weld aluminum to build it. Either that or some sort of airbag shell :)

It's funny because his feet are actually the reason that we found this forum. He is wearing out the heals on his boots every 4 - 5 rear tires so we are looking for supermoto boots with replaceable heals.

Here is the 4th revision of my box soon to be incorporated onto the Aprilia:

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
He is wearing out the heals on his boots every 4 - 5 rear tires so we are looking for supermoto boots with replaceable heals.
Definitely recommend Sidi Crossfire SRS boots.
They are THE most comfy boots I've had in 45 years of riding.
Yes, they are pricy, but you can literally replace just about any piece of the boot individually, so they last - forever

1 - 8 of 8 Posts