SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a drz400s and am looking onto the husky line. I want more power and something that cruises on the highway much better and is awesome for backroads. Reliablilty is important. I want more power than the wr250x-a 6th gear unlike the drz but am not sure about the husky, 510 I believe? The aprilia looks a bit tempermental. I just sold my ducati so I am too fimilar with maintenance. Are husky's gas and go or a bit more?

·
Registered
163 Posts
450 and 510 are higly tuned race bikes and thus high maintenance.

610 is the road-going option. 3000 mile service intervals and a ball-tearing bike after a couple of simple mods. Check the second sticky thread on this forum.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yep, 510/450 is not a good option if you dont feel like working on it all the time and they dont cruse that well either, gearing is a little bit short for that, even with the 15T counter i dont like crusing for more than a couple miles on the freeway. These bikes are meant for the track but they are really fun on the street. Know what you are getting yourself into before you do it, 500mile oil changes, 1000 mile valve checks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts