SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics and a graph showing the newest header I've built for my WR250X. I've been trying to broaden the power in the upper rev band without loosing snap off of the bottom. This is the 3rd version for this particular bike. Not a huge difference between the peak numbers, but the power is up 1-2whp from 8k until the rev limiter. Torque was up around 1wtq from 8k out aswell. You can definately tell a difference on the street as it feels much more eager to rev.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Once you get it 'right' will you be selling these?

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Very nice work!

I wonder what happens at 6200 RPM that causes the radical change? Timing change? Mixture change?

FMF owns the patent on the power bomb so I would be careful when thinking about selling them as a lawyer would probably be giving you a call.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice work!

I wonder what happens at 6200 RPM that causes the radical change? Timing change? Mixture change?.
The new header actually richened the bike up in that area and that is why it gained power in that spot. With the old header, a lean spot would pop up there before rolling back in line. The new header really smoothed out the curve. Still no Power Commander, but that's in the future plans.

FMF owns the patent on the power bomb so I would be careful when thinking about selling them as a lawyer would probably be giving you a call.
I'm not trying to rip anyone off and sell something I didn't design. I just thought I'd try something similar to what they sell and see if there is any merrit to it on my personal bike. This new "bomb" is more inline with a megabomb. I plan on building another header without any "bombs" and see what that does as well.

Thank you for your compliments:thumbup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
nice header and welding.Any plans for one for wr450

·
Registered
351 Posts
I could sell a few of these for you!:thumbup:

·
Registered
303 Posts
that header looks SWEET!!!

but one question though... why do your rear signals look weird to me? They look HUGE

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
... why do your rear signals look weird to me? They look HUGE
The Factory 4 exhaust is not made to fit this bike. This particular unit was for a DRZ450 and I just moddified it to work on this bike. Consequently the exhaust outlet points right at the stock blinker. As a temp fix I just zip-tied the stock signal up and out of the way. I have since changed the rear brakelight/blinkers out and gotten rid of all the crap that hangs off the back of this bike and the exhaust is no longer an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts