SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a new guy, live in upstate NY,go to college locally, 19 years old 6'4'' 190 lbs. and 4500$(and gaining) to my name. My parents always deprived my brother and I of powered vehicles(we live in a suburb, lots of neighbors) but I love motorcycles but have never had the chance to own one for myself, my dad attempts to restore vintage Ducati's, brother owned a 748 superbike, and I restored an old honda cb350 that I sold later when I was 16. I've been in a huge debate with my parents over "self control" and owning motorbike all to myself as all parents are with their children and motorcycles of all kind. I love the supermoto style of motorcycle and have been looking into purchasing a used one whether it be a husky 610, aprilia sxv 550, yamaha wr250x, kawasaki klx250sf, suzuki drz400 sm, or anything in between.

This is obviously a supermoto thread but at the same time I would like some of your opinions about sportbikes (600cc) vs supermoto bikes. Which ones are the most reliable and require the least upkeep? Which ones can be "abused" although that term is very vague. Im not very picky on comfort or gas consumption, I'm just looking for something that when i twist the throttle it gives me a little chill down my spine and that is hella fun to ride!

-Matt

·
Registered
86 Posts
Get a SM, you will be very happy you did.

I came from a CBR, and wouldnt even look back.

You can throw these suckers around and act a fool, while not falling off at 120+ etc.

A DRZ400SM is about the most reliable you can get. Beat it to tears and hang it up wet. It will work evertime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts