SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the supermoto world. I usually do custom bikes and own a business painting motorcycles. Ive always wanted a super moto and finally bought xr650l. Looking for advice and parts. What kind of upgrades should I do? Already has smog removed and czr exhaust. Looking for advice on other cheap performance upgrades, plastics, wheels, etc. Thank you

·
Registered
240 Posts
do a crf front usd fork swap and a fcr mx carb. i think they are the 2 most important mods for the xr650L it brings up the technology on a bike that has generally been unchanged since 1993.
you can find the forks and carb on ebay for fairly cheap also...
for the triple clamps i retained the crf450r clamps and am using a trailtech computer and mounting the ignition somewhere (not sure yet) and using a steering stem from emig racing... check them out them have whole crf conversion kits.
any questions dont hesitate to ask im doing a complete rebuild that is taking a bit to long but im sure it will be worth it in the end...
also you might want to get an XR650R counter sprocket made by moose. they fit tighter on the counter shaft and dont allow play a common problem on the 650L is the counter shaft splines wear out cause of the OEM sprocket.
-DQ

·
Registered
240 Posts
Im using the 2 piece acerbis supermoto fender havent mounted it yet cause the forks are in pieces but im hoping it looks good
-DQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts