SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Anthony and I live in Seattle. Thanks for having me. I just bought a 2008 Husqvarna 450 SMR with 1,000 miles on it. It's a well maintained bike w/ a full Arrow system and receipts for a good share of tuning and work from Moto Tech in Boise.

I'm going to spend a bit of time getting used to the bike, then purchase some leathers and see if I can attend a good one day racing seminar. Then hopefully off to the track.

In the past I've owned a handful of bikes of all types. Everything from sportbikes to enduros, and from old Harley's to pre-Unit Triumph's. I tend to like nearly any motorcycle. They're fun :)

Um, what else. Two kids, one wife, one tech. industry marketing job, and I enjoy running, weight lifting, etc.

Again, thanks for having me. I look forward to learning a lot here.
Anthony

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Congrats on the bike and thanks for the great intro!

Not to be a gear Nazi or scare you but... I wouldn't wait to get gear for the track. The roads around your house are just as abrasive and will do as much damage to your body should you go down. I'd pick it up to wear even during your getting-used-to-the-bike period.

Welcome to SMJ!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congrats on the bike and thanks for the great intro!

Not to be a gear Nazi or scare you but... I wouldn't wait to get gear for the track. The roads around your house are just as abrasive and will do as much damage to your body should you go down. I'd pick it up to wear even during your getting-used-to-the-bike period.

Welcome to SMJ!
^^^Agreed. I cant tell you how many times I almost dumped my 510 the first day riding it.. gear it up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts