SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a new 2011 FS570.

My concern is, how do these things run? Are they choked down to meet emissions standards like most street legal dirt bikes?

I have experience with a KTM 530 EXC and it didn't take much to get it running the way it should....but thats with a carb.

What does it take to get these things running properly like their dirt-only cousins?

Thanks
Brian

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Just go mine and tore it apart before I even rode it - I'll get it to run right.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Bog stock they're about 50hp

Needs an end can, CDI flashing with the UST map, open airbox (seat cut out), trim the rad shrouds around the seat to increase airflow. All relatively cheap to do, after that you're into engine work, oversized throttle bodies and full exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
i had a ktm 06 560 also, my berg will rip the 560 a new ahole...i remapped the ecu, put a can am efi fuel filter off their 800 v twin quad just before the injector, ackro header and muffler minus the baffle, berringer front brakes, a trail tech hid headlight, 5.5 rear rim with a 165 tire....bike is frickin awesome, could use a little more on top but i think the bergos cam and 44mm throttle body will help... the bike is also geared too tall, im putting on a 45t rear instead of the 38t, should really wake it up...993's dad was running 13frt instead of the 14 and a 45,46,47 rear depending on the track...45 should work great on the street, i have 100 hours on mine and rev the piss out of it every where i go, i really beat the piss out of it. the 570 bottom ends/cranks have no issues like the big ktm smr's did

1 - 7 of 7 Posts