SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally get to join the ranks among some of the baddest bikes on the road! I had been searching for a CRF450 to convert and plate for quite some time. However, I came across this 08' left over SXV 450, and after doing the math it was pretty much a no brainer.

I'm a track day junkie at heart. I just sold my RC51 to move on to something a little more radical. The sxv certainly fills that void, the RC pretty much has me addicted to the vtwin power delivery.

I have a few buddies with Wr's, a Husky 610sm, and a DRZ. I've ridden them all, and this Ape is nothing short of amazing in comparison. I know with a machine like such, time spent maintaining is right on par with time spent riding. My theory is, I want race bike performance, I get race bike maintenance.
I'm no stranger to the toolbox and I like wrenching almost as much as riding so at this point the bike and I are like two peas in a pod.

When not on two wheels I have a project Galant Vr-4. Yeah everyone's gotta have a cage right?
One of 2000 cars brought stateside in 91', It's basically a 4 door all wheel drive, all wheel steering DSM. Not much is stock on it, but the body at this point. I'll leave it at that, unless someone is interested.
I also enjoy taking pictures so I have quite a few to help the introduction..

First order of business was to get rid of the spaceship hanging off the back:
Edge taillight with integrated upgrade
Custom bracket, etc..

-The other toy

RC-

Enjoy guys, Will be meeting some of you on the track!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
welcome! Where are you located in PA?

Nice VR4!! They are incredible cars, not too many around that are not beat to snot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm about 20 miles south of State College.
It's been a long road with the Vr4 and it definitely wasn't all paved. She's been down since the beginning of winter for another intercooler upgrade, and a slew of other parts. Now I have the Ape, and I can't say I lost interest, but I've surely lost motivation!!
I don't drive it through the winter months, so at this point I imagine that's when I'll get her buttoned up and ready for next spring!
Here's how she sits today:

That's a carbon fiber hood, not some junkyard hood I couldn't afford to have painted LOL. It's getting color matched as soon as I find time!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
enjoy muh brotha, just keep your license so the ride don't end! I'm in the market now for one, but waiting for a good deal. This will be the first time I decide to spend a bunch of money on a bike. I rode one once 3 years ago at a track, can't get unhooked from that feeling

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
An excellent introduction complete with plenty of great pics, good on ya mate!! You're gonna fit in here just fine. :thumbup:

Congrats on the Ape and welcome to SMJ!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts