SuperMoto Junkie banner

New Forum Member from the UK

882 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Nick280 
#1 ·
Hello,

I've just joined the forum after finding and reading a thread about stator issues.

I have just bought a 2006 YZ450f and I'm planning to road register it and stick some 17" wheels on for SM street riding.

I have had a KTM 660 SMC in the past and loved the raw savage power, but got fed up with the range the bike could be suffered for. I progressed to a KTM 990 SMT but reliability was not this bikes strong point. Anyway, I now have a KTM 1190 Adventure which takes care of the long hauls. Its an awesome bike but I have managed to persuade myself that another single is required to keep me sane. I was looking for a KTM 450 EXC but those things are expensive over here so I saw this YZ450 local to me and thought, that will do. The YZ450 has loads of power, good gearing for street riding and sounds great.

If any advice on what to do next is out there, I'd appreciate it as I know nothing about the YZ450 other than its a bit of an animal. I'm guessing a highly tuned engine need special attention? Plus, what light kits has people installed?

Thanks guys,

I hope I enjoy the stay :)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.