SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Many. Including 2020 FS450, 520smr, Panigale V4, RSV4, RGV250
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm finally rejoining the SuMo club after selling my VOR SMe in 2005.
I just put in an order for 17" rims and spokes for my KTM520. I've been wanting another SuMo for a while but I've been busy doing track days on my ZX-7R and SV650

I ordered the parts from Warp9 and I'll be lacing them to my stock hubs (I needed new rims anyway so why not go 17")
I'm thinking of using Continental sumo tires, I've heard they work okay for the price.

I'm a keen track day rider and teach with Ridesmart here in Texas anywhere from 1 to 3 times a month. I do all my own mechanical work and I'm in the process of restoring an RC30 race bike I've had since 1994.

I dont ride on the street much anymore since I'm on the track so often. During winter I like to hit the local grass track at least once every other week. I used to live in the Bay Area and loved going to Hollister and riding on the flat track there. That was great practice for backing it in.

At this point I'm not sure if I'll be able to use my KTM on the asphalt track as its the SX model with only 4 speeds. I know its possible to add the other 2 ratios so I'll see if thats necessary.

Shaun in Arlington, Tx.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
:welcome: to SMJ!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts