SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESMRA is proud to announce that the cancelled Englishtown date from June has been officially replaced! The new ESMRA race date at Englishtown, NJ is: Sunday, September 7, 2008. There will also be an open practice, ran by Raceway Park on Saturday, September 6, 2008.

This means that ESMRA’s 2008 Race Schedule has gone from a 14 race series to 15.

We appreciate everyone’s patience while we worked with the staff at Englishtown to replace the cancelled date.

For race day details, MapQuest directions, and weather conditions please visit: www.esmra.com. For any information in regards to Raceway Park (Englishtown), please visit: www.racewaypark.com.
See you at the track!

·
Registered
475 Posts
does anyone know if they run the dirt when they have open practice on the big track?

·
Registered
113 Posts
hi guys

I have a few questions regarding the practice day

this will be my first time running sumo on a track

can i just pay the 75 to practice ? or do i need to be a esmra member? AMA member?

for tech what do i need to get done to be ready to roll?

im running a ktm 400exc

thanks

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The dirt was gone when I was there 2 weeks ago...I hope they put it back for the races.
I was there this weekend and there was a bunch of dirt dumped on the track where the dirt section used to be. Looks like they are getting ready to put the dirt section back in.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi guys

I have a few questions regarding the practice day

this will be my first time running sumo on a track

can i just pay the 75 to practice ? or do i need to be a esmra member? AMA member?

for tech what do i need to get done to be ready to roll?

im running a ktm 400exc

thanks
You do not need to be an ESMRA or AMA member to run the practice on Saturday. For tech on Saturday, the track normally tells everyone that the same tech requirements for an ESMRA Race day apply to the Englishtown Practice Day.

For all tech requirements, please see http://esmra.com/rules.html (2008 Tech Inspection).

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! Welcome to supermoto!

·
Registered
113 Posts
thanks motoD

one thing what catch can should i run i will obviously have to order one but im looking for the best deal as well

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks motoD

one thing what catch can should i run i will obviously have to order one but im looking for the best deal as well
Or you can call one of our Sponsors, Advanced Performance Accessories. He will be happy to make sure that you have the AMA approved catch can. His website address is: www.advancedperformanceaccessories.com.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i saw someone made one of those

but is it approved for tech inspection?
What won't go through our (ESMRA's) tech inspection are baby bottles, Red Bull cans, water bottles, etc.

Some people do not have "AMA approved" catch cans, but have been able to pass tech because of how well they built the system.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
yeah i saw someone made one of those

but is it approved for tech inspection?

My DIY catch can has made it thru MANY ESMRA tech inspections including an AMA event.

I'll try to take a pic later but if you use your head, it's really an easy part to make.

·
Registered
113 Posts
im not worried about making one

im just gonna make the PVC style i jsut dont want to be denied practice cause of it

if you have pics of it that would be great

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well i can tell you not to buy a supermoto engineering one, they always crack open under extreme conditions, Im running one now but i have it glued together so it would stop falling apart, long story short if your interested i can spin one up on the cnc @ work and you can purcase it from me at a nominal fee !!!!!!!!

The PVC is easy cheap and quick, you decide..........

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ETown Open Practice 09/06/08 Cancelled!!!

Per E-Town's (Raceway Park's) Home Page, Saturday, September 7, 2008 Supermoto Practice has been cancelled. http://www.racewaypark.com/

THIS IS ONLY THE PRACTICE!!!!! As of 3:11 pm on Friday, September 5, 2008 - ESMRA Race #11 is still on and scheduled. If you have any questions come Sunday morning, September 7, 2008 - please don't hesitate to call me, Sonja @ (443) 306-5412 or you can call Raceway Park and check their weather hotline: (732) 446-7800.

ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL, PLEASE CALL ME!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts