SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just bought my first supermoto (08 DRZ w/ 12miles for $3,500.00). I feel like I got a good deal.
I ride a Ninja 636 and ofcourse when I first rode the DRZ it felt way different, not as stable and slow, but I am sure that's normal for a DRZ.
I love customizing my bikes and I can't wait to get started. I would really appreciate suggestions for performance upgrades and if anybody could help with Photoshop color schemes it would be great.
I will post photos and info of all the upgrades I do and hopefully help new members in the future.

I can't wait for Saturday so that I can go ride!

Carlos

·
Registered
190 Posts
thumpertalk is a great resource for anything DRZ
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Read through the few pages of FAQ and get familiar with the bike
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=397

as far as mods, power wise, first step will be a full exhaust system, (ssw MRD) will make the most power for the money and sounds great! youl need to do the 3x3 and rejet the stock carb or upgrade to the fcr carb.

If your still looking for power after that a bigbore kit and hotcams are next in line. just spend some time over on thumpertalk, and you will learn a lot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still getting the hang of these "forum" things.
Thanks for the few replies and suggestions on upgrades.
I started looking into the FCR carb (very pricey) and a pipe. On my street bike the suspension was a big deal, how important is it for the supermoto? Do I need to get it dialed in for my weight and type of riding?

Luiz, I live in Irvine and I would love to take it to the track but this weekend I am busy. I will definitely be going in a few weeks. How much for the supermoto track day? Streets of Willow is over $100 and Fontana is $250, hope that a small supermoto track is around $50.

I have been looking through all the posts and notice people swaping front fenders and headlights with KTM parts. Are these easy to install? If anybody has any parts for sale let me know.

Thanks,

Carlos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts