SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im thinking about getting a DRZ or Husky sm 610, but I was reasing about the amount of miles that people have put on each and the amount of maintanence that comes with those miles and hands down the DRZ takes the cake. I just was wondering what kind of highway miles do yall put on your DRZ or do yall ride it on the highway. I am going to have to get on the highway sometimes and it could be for 30 min or so, I know the sm 610 does good on the highway, I just need to see how the DRZ does on the highway if you drive it on the highway.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Stock, it does ok on the freeway. If you are coming off a sportbike or another streetbike, you might find it a bit unnerving at first. The more I mod mine (power wise), the better it does on the freeway. Also, the more I ride it, the more I have become accustomed to how it handles the freeway trecks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea if your a light dude its interesting to get used to on the highway. its a light bike and the wind can take you for a ride but i've never had a problem and im like 130lbs ish.

The lack of a decent sport bike style faring also makes for an interesting ride depending on what helmet you ride with.

All in all for the fun and reliability you get in the city its worth the sacrifice on the highway.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
i ride my drz 30 miles each way to work everyday on highway and it does just fine... like wrx boy said, stock it does ok but once you start doing some add ons it gets better.... 3x3 mod, exhaust and jet kit makes a huge world of difference. the bike is definitely suffocated in its stock form..... and you definitely cant complain about the maintenance on the drz. its great. just gas up and ride

·
Registered
12 Posts
I sold my gsxr and after bike withdraws i bought my drz400sm and in the city the fun factor is a blast. maybe one of the best ive had. I cruise the highway at 75mph no prob. its not a rocket and sometimes the wind sucks but who cares when you can wheelie or throw this bike around like nothing. no dissappointments here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got off the so-called "streetbikes" for a DRZ and couldn't be happier. Mines all stock performance wise, and I'm still gitty - Can't imagine what I'll think when the engine mods get done this winter......Get a DRZ:thumbup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
i've had my DRZ-SM for 2 days and only put 34 miles on it but i cannot wait till tomorrow so i can ride to work....i have a broken wrist but who cares i have a brand new DRZ and the pain is worth the pleasure!!!!! i totaled my 600rr 2 weeks ago and just bought the 08 SM and couldnt be happier...just went to my buddies house down a 1 mile gravel road and it took it like a champ...went and hit some twisties and it was great...went down a 3 lane highway going 75 and it held it's own...i'm in love

1 - 8 of 8 Posts